Here come the GOVIES

I see the Govenaires also are on the mini corps schedule. Will that be the same repertoire as their field show, or something else?

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I see the Govenaires also are on the mini corps schedule. Will that be the same repertoire as their field show, or something else?

The mini-corps repertoire will be:

- NPR Themes (BJ Leiderman)

- Stormy Weather (Harold Arlen/Ted Koehler)

- Curried Soul (Moe Koffman)

... we got a lot of NPR fans in this corps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Caution! The John & Tuna show hit the road today. Took off from Patrick's 12:15 after waiting for a couple of burritos from the kitchen, they were off in the big white truck/trailer combo. 12:25, John is  back thru the door, forgot his coffee cup. Good byes all around again. 1pm, I'm leaving after having a wonderful lunch of Deli sandwich and PepperJack Tomato Soup. Out the door as the big white truck/trailer combo is just stopping in front of Patrick's. John bails out runs past me, something about luggage is all I can understand. Tuna is now out and opens the side door to trailer. John reappears with suitcases, places them just like a good luggage handler at the airport would, on top of lighter items. Mentioned that they did stop for fuel so they got that out of the way and that they are making progress. I suggested perhaps a checklist might help, but he was already in the drivers seat and they were off again. I wish I would have had the time to wait around and see if they came back again.

So c'mon John give us an update on your travels.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Must meet John

do it Jeff, just don't meet him at rehearsal.... he'll start talking from the beginning of time... " I was born into a drum corps family.........etc."   :)

Staff...."Come on John..."    John, " I'm talking to my new friend"......   Staff "uuuuugggghhhhh".........

• Haha 1

---dateline--Beloite Ill.

After enjoying a 6 hour delay because of "flash flood" the John and Tuna show made it just over the Wisconsin border and at 2am, called it a night. Still raining.

Please check with the Wisconsin DOT if you are traveling 90/94 today. 

Shooting for DeBoies Pa.

Tell my wife she was right and I love her.

I now hate flash and his stupid flood.