Here come the GOVIES

3 hours ago, larry p said:

do it Jeff, just don't meet him at rehearsal.... he'll start talking from the beginning of time... " I was born into a drum corps family.........etc."   :)

Staff...."Come on John..."    John, " I'm talking to my new friend"......   Staff "uuuuugggghhhhh".........

i was born into a drum corps family so it's all good!

Go get 'em, Gang of Green!!!!   

Pat:thumbup:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, larry p said:

do it Jeff, just don't meet him at rehearsal.... he'll start talking from the beginning of time... " I was born into a drum corps family.........etc."   :)

Staff...."Come on John..."    John, " I'm talking to my new friend"......   Staff "uuuuugggghhhhh".........

John might be my Dad in disguise. :innocent::biggrin:

The DCA show in  Du Bois in 1981... we (Sunrisers) were getting set to start when some guy in the audience yelled, "Hey... will you guys hurry up??? The Bucs are on next!!!" 

Well... nothing can quite fire up a NYC-area drum corps than being considered the "intermission corps" by some yahoo in the middle of freakin' nowhere in Pennsylvania. :laughing:

So... we nailed our park-and-blow intro to our "Barnum" opener with a little extra juice that night. Peeled that knucklehead's face off, didn't hear another word from him. LOL

• Haha 2

Things are getting better.  The John and Tuna show made it to "Do-boyz" PA. but had some issues with parking. Apparently they take their parking standards to high levels, and so should you.

So after our 2nd 12 hour day on the road, we made it to the hotel, but "you can't park that trailer here" (I did not cry, and tried to use it as a learning situation), so we went to the bar down the street for some thinking and drinking, (the 24 hour kitchen was closed for remodel) used my phone for good, and put a plan together.

Have you ever heard of a place called "SHEETZ" Its a gas station that has a "make to order kitchen" in the back, and it's now my new friend.

So abandoned the truck at Wall Mark for the night, and got a ride to the hotel from "Peter the great" with Tuna on my lap🤔, ate my CASARITO from SHEETZ (case-a-reet-toe.....pronounced like Brad Pitt in Inglorious basturds) and drifted off in to drum corps dreams for the night.

Plan today?  DOMINATION!

Edited by bpok2000

On 8/30/2018 at 8:08 AM, Fran Haring said:

The DCA show in  Du Bois in 1981... we (Sunrisers) were getting set to start when some guy in the audience yelled, "Hey... will you guys hurry up??? The Bucs are on next!!!" 

Well... nothing can quite fire up a NYC-area drum corps than being considered the "intermission corps" by some yahoo in the middle of freakin' nowhere in Pennsylvania. :laughing:

So... we nailed our park-and-blow intro to our "Barnum" opener with a little extra juice that night. Peeled that knucklehead's face off, didn't hear another word from him. LOL

They did a recent refurbishment of the WPA-era stadium the show was held at, big improvement from '81. Bunch of stadiums in that region were WPA projects. Danville was... Lock Haven's...

So it's now late Mon night and the John & Tuna show is parked for the night.  All is good.

The busses went through Iowa on the way down, no issues.  The trip back took the corps though the flood plains of Wisconsin with no issues as well.  (I think they realllly wanted to stop in Mauston, oh the storys).

Chickens all home.

John and Tuna show "doing Chicago and Wisconsin to boot" all day Tuesday!

• Like 2