First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

16 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I fear what this is becoming with all these threads for some people trying to start fires and take control not unlike a Salem witch hunt.  We must always be vigilant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJN08uqt70

I could care less about control. I just want to see people treated properly and if they're not, the people who are the perps get dealt with in the right way, not have it buried under the carpet.

Edited by BigW
comma trouble!
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I feel your pain. The Genesis parent posting on Reddit seemed certain of a parental notification requirement going as far as quoting the reg reference number.  

Not seeing a reference number for a DCI parental notification requirement on either Reddit thread.  Can you provide a link?

11 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I fear what this is becoming with all these threads for some people trying to start fires and take control not unlike a Salem witch hunt.  We must always be vigilant. 

Great post, Like the BAC reference and Star Tek we could only wish a turning drum corps would follow the ethics, respect for each other no matter where they are from and the positive attitudes towards their work. There are some who want to control the narrative on DCP then there are real renegades that seek the truth, don't care about their reputations, not even an issue.

Terms like "head in the sand" how does that help. Replace that with "lack of attention to detail" then Crowns hammer comes into play. DCP can be just a game to keep us amused and away from real issues one may face (just don't go into any detail about that here) some think they have a license to discuss any topic they want because they place their intellect above the rest some use their intellect in a more constructive manner. The integrity of DCP hangs in the balance what do we want this site to stand for? 

Just now, cixelsyd said:

Not seeing a reference number for a DCI parental notification requirement on either Reddit thread.  Can you provide a link?

I will try that is want I read of the post last night will try to enlighted.

6 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Here is the post from REDDIT, The reference was to the full document that the poster linked to at the bottom. The damage is done if this is not in the linked doc then any of us could be the one to point this out. However to anyone reading this on Reddit thinking dci may be for their kids. Misinterpreted rules need to be straightened out on any forum.

I'll only add that when he was hired by Genesis in October 2015, he was still under suspension.
What that means, in plain English, is that Genesis knowingly, willingly, and indisputably hired a disgraced teacher who was under disciplinary action for sexual misconduct with a student while in a position of power/authority to serve as an authority figure over children and young adults.
Genesis, by its own admission, did not disclose the full details of this information to members or their parents prior to the signage of contracts or the payment of tour fees. They only disclosed it yesterday, and only then through an unethical attempt to trivialize the offense by not sharing the exact charges of which he admitted (as outlined in the document linked in the OP). What that means is that in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Genesis members and parents were never given the choice to decide for themselves whether they were okay with this.
That is a violation of Drum Corps International's Ethics and Compliance Code of Conduct.
And to those who want to attempt to argue semantics...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_misconduct

28 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That reference is just a Wikipedia page.  Nothing about parental notification there.

Great, you won the DCP accuracy in posting game. How does that address the issue with that post sitting there on Reddit and being a huge deterrent in attracting future MMs? I post from memory may not get things totally correct but am not the reason why this showed up and is casting a negative light on the activity we both care about.

Did I post that just so I could be proven wrong a few posts latter? Where did the parent get such perceptions to feel strongly enough to post these things in the first place?

Here I go reading between the lines again but is this parent all worked up because she found out about him and just not notified, or is there more to the story?

Did Genesis actually communicate something to the parents trying to explain all this away? If they did was it a requirement or a miscalculated (in retrospect) judgment call. 

There is some real substance there and little to do with being right or wrong, I take that hit any day to get to the truth.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

13 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Why would anyone be stupid enough to hire someone with his background EVEN IF he had his license reinstated? I get that people deserve a second chance but there are thousands of other opportunities for the guy to make a living that don't include working with kids. 

The director of Genesis should be removed for being a moron. Of course if you remove him then the guy at Crossmen needs to go as well for the same reason. Terminal stupidity that could endanger their members. If I were a parent of a member, and both corps rely heavily on HS aged kids, I'd demand action.

I asked that 2 years of the Cadets and got blasted for it.

i guess i was right after all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Unfortunately, getting ahead of these stories is not the strategy Corps are using or so it appears. 

the corps arent always the first to know its coming. thats part of the problem. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So much going on recently. Didn't Genesis just have a big staff turnover? Related to this maybe?

i know one is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1