First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

23 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I guess I don't see keeping marching members safe as something that deserves corps to be given the benefit of doubt about even looking back to the old regulations. The number one rule for EVERY SINGLE corps director is to do the right thing for the safety and well being of their members. DCI should not have to put that in writing. Just because you CAN do something does in no way make it the right thing to do. It seems very common sense to me.

If someone asks the Genesis director why he hired the guy and his explanation includes well we didn't have a rule in place that we couldn't the next thing out of his mouth should be I resign my post as director effective immediately.

To summarize - Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Can't that be called "Politically as it sounds" weren't we slapped on the hands yesterday for wondering into politics now this? More political triggers. Please, these threads should not be so easy to derail. Want me to find more hot buttons to derail a dark topic of discussion like yesterday. I knew my HUFFYPOST would be the derailment factor. Please, no triggers do not want to upset anyone. 

Hey man I'm good (can't speak for everyone else). I have my "lock box" "safety pin" "safe space" and "comfort animal" all here in this bunker.    :lol: Leteeeer rip!:peek:

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

Hey man I'm good (can't speak for everyone else). I have my "lock box" "safety pin" "safe space" and "comfort animal" all here in this bunker.    :lol: Leteeeer rip

And Crowns hammer you have it all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

Well when anyone would speak ill of the Cadets for anything they were routinely blasted by the Cadet sycophants. I'm convinced that attitude is what allowed the GH situation to fester for decades and lead to him abusing more people than he should have.  Something I'm sure weighs heavy on many alumni minds. Hopefully all of those "defend the castle at all costs" people have been banished from Cadet-land.

it wasn't just the Borg

46 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

True. But how you handle them when they come is important. For others, knowing what is coming and how to get ahead of it is critical. Even if it i bad. Better to deliver the news than have it delivered for you.

they will always defer to legal counsel if they have a brain. The problem is legal counsel will not always have them act as fast as the pitchfork mob would want them to.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it wasn't just the Borg

Only the Cavis know for sure

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Only the Cavis know for sure

more than them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah, even though I was very careful not to mention anyone more recent than JFK by name or even by profession, I decided to delete the rest of my post.

Speaking only for myself, I admire your reticence, self-control, and desire for proven fact to come far before mere personal opinion.

Most genuinely extended.

Edited by HornTeacher

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

more than them

Nothing gets past the Cavies stop trying to burst my bubble.