First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

15 minutes ago, HornTeacher said:

Speaking only for myself, I admire your reticence, self-control, and desire for proven fact to come far before mere personal opinion.

Most genuinely extended.

Yep, Bulzes is being Bulzes again just derailing the discussion it called MC ART

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yep, Bulzes is being Bulzes again just derailing the discussion it called MC ART

Please -- I meant no commentary against another.  I was merely exhibiting support of N.E. Brigand's post.  Anything else interpreted is in the mind of the viewer.

Just now, HornTeacher said:

Please -- I meant no commentary against another.  I was merely exhibiting support of N.E. Brigand's post.  Anything else interpreted is in the mind of the viewer.

Sorry sometimes I write a post that is serious (not too often) like the one about Mr Sean King being a positive example setting the bar on vetting. Thought that would generate debate but nothing, maybe DCP finally agrees on something.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Could it maybe be a State of Texas regulation for parental notification?

It may be. I tried to look at DCI's Code of Conduct and Ethics to find a clear intimation that this violates it.

My conclusion is that Lawyers could likely argue this effectively on both sides. I'd like to think if one looks at this in a very open way, yes. If one parses the words in an exact and very careful way... likely not. In any event, the optics for the Corps Director are bad. To me, not really acceptable. I personally know people who have had these issues crop up, and you just have to sit back and say "no" to bringing them into a program, no matter if you marched with them, no matter if you get along with them, etc.

Jim has talked repeatedly about how these codes have to evolve in response to various issues that come up. Well, here's one of them already.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

:blow::blow::blow::blow:

Guardling; You may have some insight why Reddit can display a picture of a dci review on their drum corps page. Since most of the posts there tend to be negative can that be censored, not saying questioning it at this point is a good thing but whose choice is it? Being in the business there were plenty of times where we had to block server ports to enforce copyrights for the stupidest of things.

Did I sneak a peek of SCV's new ending on YT the night before Atlanta? Used all the sneaky access clicks and got there right under the wire?  Right before the copyrights, bots shut it down. I will never tell but things sure worked quickly that night. Isn't Reddit's retreat the same copyrights issue?

8 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Guardling; You may have some insight why Reddit can display a picture of a dci review on their drum corps page. Since most of the posts there tend to be negative can that be censored, not saying questioning it at this point is a good thing but whose choice is it? Being in the business there were plenty of times where we had to block server ports to enforce copyrights for the stupidest of things.

Did I sneak a peek of SCV's new ending on YT the night before Atlanta? Used all the sneaky access clicks and got there right under the wire?  Right before the copyrights, bots shut it down. I will never tell but things sure worked quickly that night. Isn't Reddit's retreat the same copyrights issue? 

Happens all the time, all places, things get out and taken down fast and not just for copyrights. There are many out there who do believe not everyone is entitled to every bit of news, At least until THEY are ready to put it out.

Sometimes I wish I were as fast as some to see something BUT hey it comes back out eventually

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

I am surprised that many are so SHOCKED by the recent revelations. Anyone who has been around this activity for any length of time knew what has been brewing. Sometimes it has been right there for all to see but people are either blind, don't care as long as it's not me, or just plain stupid. The whispers sometimes were like cries for help. GH was not the first. Maybe the first that became public but trust me, this is not new in this activity. Don't want to dig up old history but been going on for decades. Now it's time to hold those accountable and punish the offenders as any activity would and should. The can of worms has been opened so hold on tight..it's going to be a bumpy ride.

18 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Sometimes I wish

Guardling thank you sometimes I wish I could show my appreciation by replacing the G with a letter three letters before in the alphabet. Not a good place to go today, we are missing so much. That Guardling even has me reciting the alphabet, always teaching, instructing way to go. 

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Guardling thank you sometimes I wish I could show my appreciation by replacing the G with a letter three letters before in the alphabet. Not a good place to go today, we are missing so much. That Guardling even has me reciting the alphabet, always teaching, instructing way to go. 

Hmm not sure how to take this...lol  BUT I'll take it:smile: