First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

5 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Hmm not sure how to take this...lol  BUT I'll take it:smile:

Only were well intended, It just rhymes like from a movie script. DCP can inspect my digital footprint to prove my thoughts are the best intended. You don't have anything to do with the surveillance vehicle that just circled my house my dog is going nuts. All them high-frequency brain scans. The dog passed the test waiting on my results.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Can we stop with the sensational headlines? 

I tend to agree.  The OP on Reddit is apparently a parent that did not take the time to be involved in their kids lives until after tour.  This Genesis staff issue was vetted with DCI, and communicated to parents and members before tour ever began.  The recent additional communication parents was just that - another attempt by a caring director to communicate openly with the families.  We should be more circumspect about holding anonymous posters in such high regard.  It borders on slander to spin only part of the truth and inflame people.

I have spent  a good part of the last 4 years volunteering with Genesis, and have taken the time to meet and know the vast majority of the staff.  They greatly value the quality of experience for the youth.  The post on Reddit is full of innuendo and was meant to spin people up.  Too many took the bait.

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I have spent  a good part of the last 4 years volunteering with Genesis,

That is just fantastic for volunteering. And pointing out the motive over at Reddit not being on the up & up. There were posters in the discussion pointing out reality but they were not having it. Something to be concerned about. Confronting the person individually may clear things up. Calm them down so this gets buried under a lot of positive talk about Geneses on Reddit, I will help. That's modern PR flooding the net with positive talking points pushing the negatives to the bottom. Management Bonuses set targets to measure performance reward when targets are met.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

nothing

Edited by Bluzes

1 hour ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I have spent  a good part of the last 4 years volunteering with Genesis

One more thing. Reading the post on Reddit, it just dawned on me that the agitator seems more upset with the teacher than they did Genesis. Like the vendetta was aside of his association. Also the supporting documents in the pdf.Going back to 2012 the whole history of the teacher. A parent would have just needed the notification. A fear that their kid was in jeopardy to raise ####.  How was all this supporting documentation put together so fast when the notification just came out and the parent is still in shock? 

Ask the teacher he knows who the poster is, get it off Reddit. 

6 hours ago, BigW said:

It may be. I tried to look at DCI's Code of Conduct and Ethics to find a clear intimation that this violates it.

My conclusion is that Lawyers could likely argue this effectively on both sides. I'd like to think if one looks at this in a very open way, yes. If one parses the words in an exact and very careful way... likely not. In any event, the optics for the Corps Director are bad. To me, not really acceptable. I personally know people who have had these issues crop up, and you just have to sit back and say "no" to bringing them into a program, no matter if you marched with them, no matter if you get along with them, etc.

Jim has talked repeatedly about how these codes have to evolve in response to various issues that come up. Well, here's one of them already.

we've even seen i the last year relatives of significant others get ostracized because of anothers actions. 

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

we've even seen i the last year relatives of significant others get ostracized because of anothers actions. 

Bad optics... damage control....all can happen, Jeff. Happens a lot at the scholastic level.