First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

exactly. And again, background checks arent the end all be all. You need more than that

As we have been reminded this week!

22 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Thousands?  How about just one?  Or have someone else double up on their duties and pay them more accordingly.

Anything should be preferable to hiring someone whose teaching license was suspended for sexual misconduct while teaching for yet another teaching position.

Why does a person with a clean record have to be better the one who isn’t clean. Take your choice, better instructor or clean background. What’s more important to the organization 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 2:26 PM, Spatzzz said:

Well when anyone would speak ill of the Cadets for anything they were routinely blasted by the Cadet sycophants. I'm convinced that attitude is what allowed the GH situation to fester for decades and lead to him abusing more people than he should have.  Something I'm sure weighs heavy on many alumni minds. Hopefully all of those "defend the castle at all costs" people have been banished from Cadet-land.

This still happens to this day on the Cadets thread by a certain poster on there, though they've mellowed down after the GH drama

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have no doubt. 

I think I will leave the activity if that happens. Seriously. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think I will leave the activity if that happens. Seriously. 

I’m right behind you. But, I’ve seen it happen.  And from people whose transgressions happened in Drum Corps. Returning to the scene of The crime, so to speak.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

This still happens to this day on the Cadets thread by a certain poster on there, though they've mellowed down after the GH drama

Imagine that, people going into a corps thread and being negative about the corps get a negative response! 

#notrocketscience

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

.I’m right behind you. But, I’ve seen it happen.  And from people whose transgressions happened in Drum Corps. Returning to the scene of The crime, so to speak.

We noticed but back then this all happened in the dead of night, little fanfare. Now one ornery nobody poster can upset a corps enough to be messaged and ask to cut that out. It's the WWW. The super information highway where innocent or not your run over by association. Different reality, keep your digital footprint rosy or be found wanting. Lanes change occurs quickly positive & negative.

Not many safe spaces left for these culprits to hide. Or places for the innocent to duck under the flack that these bad actors generate. Innocent or not bigger pictures emerge and bigger pictures above them till every thing comes crumbling down.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh I know. But the sins of the guilty shouldnt blackball the innocent

Unfortunately, I think it was a rather unfortunate side effect in the one case I can think of. My guess is that it would have created too much trouble and too many questions for the organization that they felt they couldn't afford at that point.