First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

5 minutes ago, E3D said:

This is a true statement. DCI most likely ignores any sort of social media pressure. Either that or they just don't give a rats a@@ about the kids? 

they listen to the lawyers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

they listen to the lawyers

so true. Even basic statements are straight out of a lawyers script. :master:

50 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

agreed. but it's hurt that person seeking work elsewhere. Offers were made, but declined because of knowing the backlash that would come 

Yeah, I can see that. No one can risk the ****storm anymore.

57 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI has proven time and time again what is discussed on here means nothing to them.

Yes and No. Plenty of staffers/ Corps Directors not only read with frequency on here, they post on here. As recently as a few months ago, we had a current DCI staffer come onto a thread on here to explain from their perspective info they wanted DCP'ers to know was different from  what a poster or two was posting on here. if what was posted on here " means nothing to them", then they wouldn't be reading commentary on here ( or other social media fan discussion sites), nor posting as much as they have in the past. As for DCI HQ, I don't know what they do/ think half the time. The only time we usually hear or see  Dan A. is ever so briefly at Championships, or when some revelations we read about in the newspapers or on TV and Dan A. is forced to respond in some sort of written reply.

Edited by BRASSO

21 minutes ago, E3D said:

Not a second chance with children absolutely not. There is reasons for that. I have a 13year old daughter and No way I will knowing allow her to be around someone with abuse on their record. Even suspicion of abuse would cause me to act. I do not expect other to look after the health and safety of my own. And I dang sure would not send my kid off to a corps knowing someone there has abused in the past. Not going to happen. 

Agree, my post was shock jock bait to get the true intentions of having a zero tolerance policy heard. Pointing out that we seem to be far from zero tolerance even if its in writing or not. The fact that posters on here do not need to be experts on the new rules to have an opinion. That PR (cover your butt) statements need to come to fruition be felt, have teeth. We are experiencing the opposite now.

Potential parents, MMs and all parents in general need comfort that their children are going to be safe, no confusion, no shock jocks. It's the way things need to be unwritten/ written/ implied / not implied. The last thing on my mind is to minimalize parenting, the love for our children. Sometimes adults need to be slapped around to be woken up to not having their priorities straight. Tell me how to get to the correct individuals so we stop doubting each others intentions here and together we can celebrate real change.

Believe me from personal experience shaking the trees here has led to private messages asking me to back off. From these same individuals that keep their heads in the sand about all this and now I am too harsh, go figure.

1 hour ago, E3D said:

This is a true statement. DCI most likely ignores any sort of social media pressure. Either that or they just don't give a rats a@@ about the kids? 

DCI should never feel pressured by anything stated on the internet though, or even in the Press, imo. If DCI simply does the right thing, then what is posted by fans throughout  the social media realm is indeed just fans discussing things and has no harm. Unless its intentional mischief and unsubstantiated rumor mongering, and there are moderators to curb  that.  On the other hand, if DCI does not act properly, then all the fawning, or excuse making that might be found by Drum Corps fans here or elsewhere in the social media realm, can't and won't save them, imo

Edited by BRASSO

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

On the other hand, if DCI does not act properly, then all the fawning, or excuse making that might be found by DCI fans on here or elsewhere,  can't and won't save them, imo

BRASSO you and everyone I interacted with on this site are great, life is a learning experience on how to make good lemonade (had enough lemons sent my way to be an expert) . However if I didn't come here and graced my presence and interacted with YOU FINE FOLKS.    I would be doing something I love but can't seem to do much of anymore and that is the sad part for me. Others experience deeper sadness. Feelings, worse than anything most of us could image something that haunts you for life. That's what we are fighting to avoid. to insure it never gets to that level. 

I WOULD BE IN MY GARGAGE LISTENING TO GREAT MUSICAL FAILURES DRINKING BLUE MOONS W/ORANGE SLICES. STILL UPSETTING PEOPLE THAT LIVE AROUND ME WITH BLOOS FLOWING IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. Now one only needs a keyboard and they can upset all the folks they want. Lets use that power where it counts.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes and No. Plenty of staffers/ Corps Directors not only read with frequency on here, they post on here. As recently as a few months ago, we had a current DCI staffer come onto a thread on here to explain from their perspective info they wanted DCP'ers to know was different from  what a poster or two was posting on here. if what was posted on here " means nothing to them", then they wouldn't be reading commentary on here ( or other social media fan discussion sites), nor posting as much as they have in the past. As for DCI HQ, I don't know what they do/ think half the time. The only time we usually hear or see  Dan A. is ever so briefly at Championships, or when some revelations we read about in the newspapers or on TV and Dan A. is forced to respond in some sort of written reply.

do you know how many times people of important stature in DCI have met me and then mocked DCP....then in the next sentence started quoting things they read here word for word?

DCP is not their core market. we're the hardcores, they know they have us. Reddit is where the kids are....because most drum corps Facebook groups have been invaded by the adults.

Reddit terrifies them. Because they can't control what the kids say, and the adults egg them on

• Like 4