First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

do you know how many times people of important stature in DCI have met me and then mocked DCP....then in the next sentence started quoting things they read here word for word?

DCP is not their core market. we're the hardcores, they know they have us. Reddit is where the kids are....because most drum corps Facebook groups have been invaded by the adults.

Reddit terrifies them. Because they can't control what the kids say, and the adults egg them on

DCI has access through their websites, and through FloMarching, and through DCI HQ itself to get out the messages they want. That in effect is the DCI " Mainstream Media " in Drum Corps if you will.

On the other hand, when Corps now have increasingly decided to go so obsessively silent and protective for approx 40 weeks out of the 52 weeks of the year, ( their choice ), they should not be all that surprised when something else then fills that void with such absence of info, and interesting things for fans to know.... So rumors.... reddit.... DCP.... facebook.... etc fills that void. But DCI has essentially ceded that with this 40 week long blackout now,  havn't they.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI has access through their websites, and through FloMarching, and through DCI HQ itself to get out the messages they want. That in effect is the DCI " Mainstream Media " in Drum Corps if you will.

On the other hand, when Corps now have increasingly decided to go so obsessively silent and protective for approx 40 weeks out of the 52 weeks of the year, ( their choice ), they should not be all that surprised when something else then fills that void with such absence of info, and interesting things for fans to know.... So rumors.... reddit.... DCP.... facebook.... etc fills that void. But DCI has essentially ceded that with this blackout, now havn't they.

DCI has done some things right, and some things spectacularly wrong. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I saw Roman here in the Genetti lobby a couple of minutes ago. 

i honestly can't say that I am surprised. the articles showed how tone deaf he is

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

do you know how many times people of important stature in DCI have met me and then mocked DCP....then in the next sentence started quoting things they read here word for word?

DCP is not their core market. we're the hardcores, they know they have us. Reddit is where the kids are....because most drum corps Facebook groups have been invaded by the adults.

Reddit terrifies them. Because they can't control what the kids say, and the adults egg them on

All dci needs to do that I am pretty sure we will see soon is provide positive reinforcement. That lays the correct ground work out. Then the hard cores who seem to have all the time in the world anyway on DCP. So they have some confidence that they will not loose credibility in initiatives/progress/PR the direction of dci. They can keep an eye on things on Reddit.

Since Reddit placed their message board under a retreat it should make us all comfortable posting over there, heck some of our old shoes may be there in the picture. Righting the ship bring info back, work with dci as volunteers as such. Contributing to a brighter future. I am new here but am certain if they listened to DCP back when things were Rosy we may not be where we are today. 

55 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

All dci needs to do that I am pretty sure we will see soon is provide positive reinforcement. That lays the correct ground work out. Then the hard cores who seem to have all the time in the world anyway on DCP. So they have some confidence that they will not loose credibility in initiatives/progress/PR the direction of dci. They can keep an eye on things on Reddit.

Since Reddit placed their message board under a retreat it should make us all comfortable posting over there, heck some of our old shoes may be there in the picture. Righting the ship bring info back, work with dci as volunteers as such. Contributing to a brighter future. I am new here but am certain if they listened to DCP back when things were Rosy we may not be where we are today. 

I can vouch for what Jeff is saying, at least has been my experience

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I saw Roman here in the Genetti lobby a couple of minutes ago. 

YGBSM!!!!!! :blink:

79c0689cd407016e3de821931551b5e3_f2243.j

Speaking of... having lunch with a corps Thursday... 4 types of wraps (one vegetarian), oranges, grapes, strawberries, bananas, water, lemonade, PBJ, homemade potato chips, cookies, brownies, salad...

Asked 2 recent DCI WC MM's who were also enjoying the lunch if this was okay, answer was very affirmative. I was down with it, it hit the spot, but I'm not a picky eater.

I then asked if it was better than Pioneer's.

The  answer was.. "Oh, yeah! That's not very hard to do." I think one part of all of us laughed... the other part hurt inside.

• Like 1