First The Cadets, then Pioneer, now Genesis

3 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Time means NOTHING! Whether it happened today or 40 years ago. I am sure many corps BITD had "things" happening and NO ONE said a word. Who's fault is it? I know you could say the law wouldn't do anything back then, but here we are and it is being dealt with on social media. It ain't going away!

"Norms have changed for what you can do to somebody against their will"  Bill Clinton 12  June 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

"Norms have changed for what you can do to somebody against their will"  Bill Clinton 12  June 2018

that was a horrible reply to a interviewers question. imagine if someone else says  something like that with respect to DCI. 

Edited by E3D

11 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Why would anyone be stupid enough to hire someone with his background EVEN IF he had his license reinstated? I get that people deserve a second chance but there are thousands of other opportunities for the guy to make a living that don't include working with kids. 

License reinstatement enables a person to resume teaching again in a school, during the day mostly on weekdays with other peers closeby teaching or administrating. Being on staff for a touring drum corps is different, not a place for recovery from anything. Staff positions need a higher bar if you blew it in a daytime school environment one should prove themselves in that environment first. Placing them in a touring drum corps should not be the first job they get after suspension. The rules should prohibit that.

Not faulting Genesis for stuff done in 2015 while we all lived in bliss but he was on staff during his suspension back then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Not that I can see.  Nothing in the DCI guidelines addresses parental notification, either explicitly or by inference.  Correct me if I am wrong (hope I am).

I feel your pain. The Genesis parent posting on Reddit seemed certain of a parental notification requirement going as far as quoting the reg reference number. Went on to say Genesis finally did notify the parents that this gentleman with baggage was on staff but the notification came after the season. Did Genesis do just that?

It not up to me on DCP to dissect the rules and regs, I am just concerned and pointing things out that are being discussed on Reddit from those with real skin in the game. If the Genesis parent has this all wrong it would be in the best interest of dci to have a for lack of a better term a mod that posts the truth in rebuttal to rules & regs that don't exist being discussed on Reddit.

The FB homepage from what I assume is the Genesis parent is linked to Reddit, (not good) where the top of that page is a picture of a full retreat/review. I have not seen that before on Reddit when searching for drum corps posts. Might have been there all along but does Reddit have the right to display a retreat. Are they digging in on drum corps? The place to get information on the status of the activity good or bad, truth or not. 

42 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Not faulting Genesis for stuff done in 2015 while we all lived in bliss but he was on staff during his suspension back then.

Ah yes…2015…thank you for reminding me of that year Mr. Bluzes. It was a magical year when I had rediscovered Drum Corps after a 30 year absence, but had not yet discovered Drum Corps Planet. I could not have known then the things that I could be wringing my hands over.

2 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Ah yes…2015…

A great year, that was tarnished on Reddit shedding a negative light on Genesis for having him on staff then. I am in culture shock only because,  I too lived in the alternative reality of drum corps in 2015. DCP --- is it the victim or the crime, are posters on here Angels or Demons. Do we do anything at all to affect change or are our posts just thrown in the one's and zero's trash bin called the internet.   

• Like 1

I fear what this is becoming with all these threads for some people trying to start fires and take control not unlike a Salem witch hunt.  We must always be vigilant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJN08uqt70

Edited by Mello Dude

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

DCP --- is it the victim or the crime, are posters on here Angels or Demons. Do we do anything at all to affect change or are our posts just thrown in the one's and zero's trash bin called the internet.   

It sounds like a good topic. I'm not sure what DCP forum metaphysics goes in though. :laugh:

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

"Norms have changed for what you can do to somebody against their will"  Bill Clinton 12 June 2018

Ridiculous as this quote sounds, it's true.

[...]

The question is, how do evolving standards apply to the situation under discussion?

[Self-deleted the rest, just for caution's sake. You'll just have to trust me.]

Edited by N.E. Brigand