Predators, past thoughts, future forecast?

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

and we all know the Warren report was doctored

Yes, the Warren Report is irrelevant here, and whether it was doctored or not, is likewise irrelevant to any of this. Getting back on track here, the Education Board Finding that was linked here and elsewhere regarding his incidents with the minor in his home is neither doctored, nor in dispute. The accused signed the Education Board's Findings, and agreed ( with his signature ) they were accurate as written by the Education Board on his unlawful 3 episodes of a sexual nature with the student female minor in his home. He was suspended for 5 years for these incidents, and required to seek mental health evaluation and treatment, and boundary restrictions on school grounds and with students in the state of Iowa, and that his agreement would be in the Public Record,. All part of the terms that were metered out and to which he agreed to in 2011. These are all facts here, and not in dispute. Just sayin', Jeff.

Edited by BRASSO

55 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Thank You I had it right the first time but was told I had my head in the sand (not by you) I took that seriously and clicked his link that was dated 2011 and was confused again. It is good to finally determine that no Genesis kids were affected, nothing is being covered up.

It proves no matter what your best intensions are, how much of a good guy, how cheap is willing to work, how far you go back together you can't hire him. A simple Risk Assessment a common business practice, guidelines not to be ignored that were learned from experience and are there for a reason. The kind of advise you get from business assessment firms.

Most people.. but not all sadly... believe that once you have been involved with unlawful incidents with minors there is no " second chance ". Its a " one strike " and you're out sort of thing. Minors/ young adults are particularly vulnerable, and therefore adults have a special responsibility that is given to them. In Latin, its deemed " loco parentis"... which means " in place of the parent ". Adult supervisors are granted the heavy duty and responsibility to safeguard other Parent's children. Thats a high calling. It requires a person of high character and unimpeachable trustworthiness. When adult supervisors abuse that Sacred Trust with minors, they lose forever that position of trust. Or they should. We don't take risks with other people's children by hiring high risk individuals that parents themselves would never hire as a babysitter to watch over their children when the parents went out to a movie or a show, or a restaurant. These people caught in unlawful incidents with youth can go get jobs in environments with other adults in the future. They are to stay out of environments that are known hazards for both themselves, and at risk youth. I guess we could say the failure to do this is becoming a " teachable moment " for DCI and DCI Corps to have to learn this.... the hard way.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The accused signed the Education Board's Findings, and agreed ( with his signature ) they were accurate as written by the Education Board on his unlawful 3 episodes of a sexual nature with the student female minor in his home. He was suspended for 5 years for these incidents, and required to seek mental health evaluation and treatment, and boundary restrictions on school grounds and with students in the state of Iowa, and that his agreement would be in the Public Record,. All part of the terms that were metered out and to which he agreed to in 2011. These are all facts here, and not in dispute. Just sayin', Jeff.

You do realize there was no admission of guilt in the document this guy signed, right?

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

A background check info then, in essence becomes useless, if employers HAVE the info they need not to put other parents children unknowingly at risk, but decided to go ahead on these risks and hire them anyway.  

Good point.

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Essentially.  He accepted a five-year license suspension to avoid a hearing on the case.

Thank you. :cool:

This whole thing has the trappings of Union involvement to try and mitigate damage/save a job, I know from my Teamster experience. Not being critical- they've helped me and others in instances, more observant here.