Class A

Class A at Prelims should be interesting this year. Govies and Carolina Gold are separated by 2 tenths of a point going into Prelims. Cadence with a week to practice full time could also be a wild card, and the Skyliner's playing close to home want a spot in finals too I am sure.  With the exception of Skyliners and Highland Regiment this will also be a well traveled bunch. I thought the drive from NC was long, Alabama ever longer, but  the Govies drive further and Cadence racked up quite a few  frequent flier miles getting there.  Govies the self proclaimed Oldest corps in Drum Corps will be up against the youngest corps Carolina Gold has ever marched, probably the youngest there in age. John Mayer will be leading his group of veteran players for the umpteenth time against Gold's DM who still has several years of DCI eligibility.    Also we will get a look at 3 corps making their debut DCA Champs appearances.   Anyway there are lots of great reasons to show up at 4pm on Sat and see what is up with Class A   

• Like 1

Without very much in the way of head-to-head comparison, the prelims show is awesome!  The top three seeds have not seen each other.  As a matter of fact, Govies and Gold have not had competition all year, and Sky is coming in tested having not lost a show, some uncontested, some contested including as recent as last week.

I feel in Class A, the numbers matter the least going in, and everything gets sorted out on Saturday.  Should be a great battle!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

whoever scores highest wins

You can always count on Jeff for that same OLD remark of his.I still perfer all class A in one bunch not all thur the mix in Open ,

4 hours ago, BigW said:

The card ain't that wild, it's pretty focused, actually. :innocent:

I hear that.

There are two corps that are too far back for a finalist spot, and a third that probably is too far off the pace.

That leaves five corps gunning for four Sunday spots. We'll see!!!

6 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

You can always count on Jeff for that same OLD remark of his.I still perfer all class A in one bunch not all thur the mix in Open ,

It’s true! Plus A class is a crap shoot since so few have seen each other

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear that.

There are two corps that are too far back for a finalist spot, and a third that probably is too far off the pace.

That leaves five corps gunning for four Sunday spots. We'll see!!!

Guns are not allowed in the school stadium .Itss a gun free zoneLOL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

Guns are not allowed in the school stadium .Itss a gun free zoneLOL

No guns, no alcohol, no wild animals... so much for having any fun!!! :lol:

they took all the fun out of it ,LOL