In The News – Williamsport To Host DCA Championships This Weekend

With Little Leaguers and their fans rolling out of town following Sunday’s LLWS championship game, area residents won’t have to wait long for the next worldwide event to come to the city. In fact, they can expect to see teams for the next major championship to be held in Williamsport start rolling in today. Teams […]

View the full article

"'When we first came to Williamsport and they took me to the stadium, it was kind of like a happy-medium,' Buell said. 'I thought it was beautiful and I was happy (the stadium) was in the countryside, so it is not in a dangerous downtown atmosphere. A lot of major cities sadly don’t have their stadiums in the best part of town.”'"

Seriously?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last year or the year before, not sure which, Buell had made a weird comment about the neighborhood near the stadium in Rochester.

So let me note that for all four years in Rochester, I walked from my hotel by the river to and from the stadium for every show, day and night.

It was fine.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Last year or the year before, not sure which, Buell had made a weird comment about the neighborhood near the stadium in Rochester.

So let me note that for all four years in Rochester, I walked from my hotel by the river to and from the stadium for every show, day and night.

It was fine.

Too far to walk from the Stadium to the stuff in town in Williamsport, there's a nice nearby parking lot to the Bullfrog and the Moon and Raven, though.