DCA 2018 -- Mini Corps Competition (Fri. Aug. 31)

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I notice that some corps seem to have no I&E participants (e.g. Buccaneers, AtlantaCV, Cadets2), and also that some I&E participants are attached to corps who aren't otherwise at championships (e.g. Excelsior, Appleknockers, Florida Brass, Cadre).

If same rules as when I did my once and done. For I&E had to be present member of a DCA competing or alumni type corps. Or be a past member of a DCA corps but think the “DCA corps” was stretched to any past senior corps.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

22 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I notice that some corps seem to have no I&E participants (e.g. Buccaneers, AtlantaCV, Cadets2), and also that some I&E participants are attached to corps who aren't otherwise at championships (e.g. Excelsior, Appleknockers, Florida Brass, Cadre).

I’m pretty sure Bucs haven’t left Reading yet 

3 hours ago, msjbass said:

Thanks, N.E. Brigand for your review and play by play coverage.  Hoping you may be able to do the same thing for prelims and finals if you're not too busy.  I appreciate you.

I'll be in person at the rest of the weekend, and I still have a flip phone, so there'll be no live recapping from me.

However, I believe Kevin G. will be reporting from the stands this weekend.

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I thought the Cabs preferred to pronounce their name as "CabaLeros" rather than the Spanish "CabaYeros". No?

I've never used the Spanish pronunciation when announcing them. They seemed to be fine with that for four decades.   LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I've never used the Spanish pronunciation when announcing them. They seemed to be fine with that for four decades.   LOL.

And if they weren’t fine, you’d have known 

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

And if they weren’t fine, you’d have known 

Oh, absolutely!!! Bob Murray would have let me know, in no uncertain terms!!!   :laughing:

Thanks for all the impressions and scores !!!

Edited by MDempsey