2018 Drum Corps Associates Preliminary Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Guard appears to be having a strong performance. Really liking the saber and rifle work so far.

Great park and blow! Four baris switch to trombones for this section and really add to the soundscape for the finish of Asphalt.

Guard has stayed within their color groupings for the most part. A little mixing of yellow and green that I saw, but that's about it.

"Say something, I'm giving up on you". That's the next song, opening with a flugel/bari duet.

Horns form a block triangle on the yellow tarp and slowly march forward as they take over the song from the duet.

The red and green tarps are now also blue.

William Aldrich-Thorpe is sitting next to me and he made a great point that this is a very physical show to perform. There's a lot of body demand on the horn, for example. When they're not straight up marching, they're doing a lot of body movement while still playing.

And, for the second time tonight, Firebird.

Purple tarp is now blue. C'mon, yellow, hold the line!

• Like 1

Somebody lost a shako plume. Maybe it's time for White Sabers to go sans headgear? 😄

All of the guard has removed the color from their outfits.

All tarps are now blue. The color scheme is essentially the color scheme of the corps proper now. We have converged on that look, I'd say.