2018 Drum Corps Associates Preliminary Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Are you up already?!

LOL!!! My cat was pestering me for his breakfast, earlier than usual.  He seems to have a knack for knowing the days when I most need to sleep, and not allowing it. :laughing:

So I figured I'd check the scores first.... then back to sleep in a few, for hopefully a couple of hours more.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

I must to bed myself, but if anyone wants to say hello tomorrow, my seat at Finals is in the center section, row DD (which is four or five down from the top), seat 7 (which is toward the right from the audience's perspective). I'll be wearing shorts and a Boston Crusaders 2014 "Animal Farm" tee shirt: black with a white pig's head. I'll also be at the Alumni Spectacular, but that's general admission, so my seat will depend on availability.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In a comment on a short Youtube video of that section, someone said the voice was live. Can anyone confirm?

Yes 

11 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Not my day so far. Now my Karma ran out of data and I had to refill. Back online AGAIN!

Sun now into Medea, as in the closing part where the tempo picks up and we think about killing our children part.

One guard member has a different flag than the rest. It says LOST on it, so that might be on purpose.

what happened to the rest of Suns show?

12 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Not my day so far. Now my Karma ran out of data and I had to refill. Back online AGAIN!

Sun now into Medea, as in the closing part where the tempo picks up and we think about killing our children part.

One guard member has a different flag than the rest. It says LOST on it, so that might be on purpose.

Iguess you missed all of Suns show? They went from now taking the field ,to there closer,

You have to be patient with a Kevin. This isn’t a pro or semi pro stadium in terms of access. I gave up trying to post because I couldn’t get enough reception and I’m just using my phone.

one person near me said .” This set up makes Allentown look like MetLife”. I’m hoping some logistical lessons learned are easily implemented for today as I got inundated with texts and other messaging tools with complaints from people in a variety of positions (staffs, fans, viewers at home). I’m told the original agreed upon layout of things got changed.

that said the corps themselves were great. My first live prelims since Annapolis and the corps have continued to step it up.

but if my $10 parking pass gets me routed to some field again today, I won’t complain to DCA. I’ll go to the visitors center folks. They won’t want to hear their Labor Day cash cow had issues. The LLcan handle it cause they are set up to handle it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I know how that usually happens in the theater: someone buys a ticket, then exchanges it over the phone for a ticket to another performance, and *swears* that they're going to destroy the original tickets. Then they forget about it for many months, and when show time comes, they discover their original ticket, to a seat that we've since sold to someone else.

How it happened to you I could not begin to guess!

Close.  A woman’s husband had passed away and she wanted a refund for the four tickets he’d bought.  She apparently didn’t know he had sold two of them.   They fixed it.  I didn’t have to sit on Jim’s lap. :laughing:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

"In a comment on a short Youtube video of that section [of Bucs' show], someone said the voice was live. Can anyone confirm?"

Yes 

Thanks!

On 9/1/2018 at 8:32 PM, Fran Haring said:

Being there without being there. What a concept. :tongue:

That was nice to hear, but it was also weird because the Cabs get two show-starting announcements, since the stadium announcer still did his (on both days).