2018 Drum Corps Associates Preliminary Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

3 hours ago, hairbear said:

I rarely post here anymore and am surprised to hear my name mentioned. (well, my nickname) Big W, don't assume that I have (or had) so much influence and input in C.T.'s success. While it's true that I performed a particular task, that task was accomplished several seasons ago. If any accolades are due, they should rightfully go to Nick Angelis and his team. This is an entirely revamped organization, well managed and taught by a stellar staff. My current duties within this framework are as follows:

Paint stuff.

fix stuff.

deliver stuff.

pick up stuff.

If I'm not doing that, I can usually be found sitting on the sidelines, where I belong.   :)

Someone had to start the car and make it go down the road without it blowing up or a tire going flat, my friend. No doubt Nick and the crew have it running hard and fast now, but someone got it rolling. :winky:

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nick Angelis and a host of other staff members deserve a great deal of credit for Cincinnati Tradition’s success.  Not to mention, the fantastic members who believed and never gave up. 

Again- have a plan. Find the people. Keep the people. Give them a reason to want to stay there and be a part of something special. Give it time to grow and be patient. You look at say, the difference between 2012 and now... many would be amazed or incredulous. Not me. Been part of something very similar. Now... my challenge to the members- find out how much farther CT can run wild over the next few years.  I look forward to watching it unfold. :satisfied:

9 minutes ago, BigW said:

Someone had to start the car and make it go down the road without it blowing up or a tire going flat, my friend. No doubt Nick and the crew have it running hard and fast now, but someone got it rolling. :winky:

Yeah.  Tom Slade did. The director. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the record: Terri is 100% correct, Big W. Please...  give the credit where and to whom it is due. That is to the Director, his management team, Nick and his team, Tim Snyder for his arranging skills and I might add: several donors who made it all possible. My part in their success is smaller than the period at the end of this sentence. I'd appreciate putting this to rest, now. Thank you.

Edited by hairbear
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Thanks (to you and Jeff) for making lemonade from my lemons!

hey...it's taken me a while to find that skill, because there have been times I have wanted to say " why in ####### hell are you doing BD 1999 with 33 bodies and half of those are freshman?!?!?!?!?!"

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

hey...it's taken me a while to find that skill, because there have been times I have wanted to say " why in ####### hell are you doing BD 1999 with 33 bodies and half of those are freshman?!?!?!?!?!"

There were more than a few moments BITD with the Wayne Downey "State of the Art" HS Band arrangements. I played a few of them at WCU where we had enough DCI and DCA cats in the band and enough grunt to make those charts happen, looked at conductor scores as well, they're very faithful and exact.  Problem was when some directors seemed to think just playing the black notes on white paper in a square, sometime cubic fashion would produce results and scores. There was much head shaking to be done.