2018 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

9 minutes ago, BigW said:

The show for me this year that really reached to me as a fan and spoke to me was CV's. For the last 3 seasons running, my personal favorite didn't win. That being said, the Bucs had all the bases covered, DID have great moments, it just didn't speak to me on that inner/personal level. I guess the way to win it now is to do something that's not my fave... :huh:

Thanks for the kind words. CV definitely enjoys pushing the boundaries for maximum entertainment. Often those risks come with a price, but I'm sure every member would tell you...we wouldn't change a thing. 

Edited by CV Driver

13 hours ago, chealion313 said:

So proud of Bush for moving up two spots!!

Best Bush corps in at least 10 years. THAT is their brand, THAT is who they are, why people dig them when they're hot. They got it right. Keep it in a bottle, don't lose that essence now or ever.

Add to that the momentum, their aggressiveness for their finals weekend performances, you knew they were on, they were hungry... GREAT performances from the corps as a whole. All respect. :worthy:

• Like 1

Just now, CV Driver said:

Thanks for the kind words. CV definitely enjoys pushing the boundaries for maximum entertainment. Often those risks come with a price, but I'm sure every member would tell you...we wouldn't change a thing. 

And well you should have not changed a thing. The show chemistry was nuclear.

14 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Holy mackerel... Bushwackers, without a doubt, get the Most Improved Within A Season award for this year. Amazing finish for them!!!

When I saw them at Hempfield... More than a few of us knew the pieces were there. Something was gonna happen. The trick at that point was how the show would conclude, and whether it would be up to what was already presented.

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Jeff, they're not Trolls, according to RB, they're "Snitches". :innocent:

nope i'll use the DCA Presidents' terminology. Even watched the retreat online to confirm it was said

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

nope i'll use the DCA Presidents' terminology. Even watched the retreat online to confirm it was said

Confirmed.

It was part of his "thank you" speech, where he did offhandedly acknowledge there were issues, but really took a shot at "internet trolls". For those of us on the back side of the field in the corps staff area behind the corps at retreat, it was a real "WTF, did he really just say that?" moment.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Cainan said:

Ahhhh... but wait!! That's not all folks!!

The European circuits are now on our final swing with a set of shows this weekend. DCUK, DCN (Netherlands) finals on the 22nd of September followed by the Drum Corps Europe Championships in Kerkrade, NL on the 29th of September. DCE will be webcat for €15 (about $15). Some really good stuff going on with the European circuits... You've got Jubal and Company who have both recently visited DCI and of course my corps, the Kidsgrove Scouts who are regulars at DCA to watch (and btw.. if you haven't seen it yet... our show is really rather good!)...

That is money I'm more than happy to shell out. I'm actually amazed DCE was able to offer the webcast for free or donation up to this point.

13 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to either NE or Kevin at the alumni show.  I was kinda camped out on the right-side 40-yard line, since that's where Cabs Alumni's rifle line is for most of their show and I wanted to get pictures of them. Since someone I'm rather close to is in that rifle line. :inlove:

Had fun, caught up with a few old Sunriser friends, among others.  Always a good time with those guys!!!

I got a shot of her in action. I'll make sure you two get it. 😄