2018 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

11 hours ago, RJ CVmellophone said:

Congratulations to our Southern friends, Carolina Gold! Congratulations to C2 and to Bucs. I can't  state it enough, a huge thank you to both Columbus Saints and C2 for saving Atlanta CV from not having an adequate rehearsal site! Long story short, our field was unusable due to the fact that it ended 10 feet past the back hash. Add in a cement shot put ring right in the middle of side 1 and well,  you get the picture. New town, New challenges. It all worked out though with Saints giving us their field on Friday and C2 providing one of their fields Saturday and Sunday. We also exchanged food with C2 on Sunday and the two corps had some drum corps bonding time together. This is what it's all about. On the field competitors but off the field friends. Looking forward to next season! 

PS @kevingamin- yes the horn line wore chaos face paint. And you may have missed the very end in front of the pit where one of our brass members rocked it old school by literally ripping her trumpet in half and stomping it into the ground. If you've got video, check the last 15 seconds ones or so. 

I think I saw it but my brain didn't register what had happened. Might have been too traumatic for me to process. 😄

Just now, kevingamin said:

I got a shot of her in action. I'll make sure you two get it. 😄

Thank you!!!! She's not on DCP, but I'm sure she will thank you, too!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Confirmed.

It was part of his "thank you" speech, where he did offhandedly acknowledge there were issues, but really took a shot at "internet trolls". For those of us on the back side of the field in the corps staff area behind the corps at retreat, it was a real "WTF, did he really just say that?" moment.

Having said some astoundingly dumb things into microphones at various times in my life, I have learned that sometimes, it's best to count to 3 before saying anything. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BigW said:

I can tell you without reservation that when we used the facility for showers and rehearsal that day, it was one of the top 2 places we'd ever rehearsed at in the six years I was with Westshore, the other being the Rochester Institute of Technology. One of the few places that had hot water, that in itself made it notable.

My wife's grand-nephew is just starting at RIT. Basically the whole campus is connected by underground tunnels. 

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Thank you!!!! She's not on DCP, but I'm sure she will thank you, too!!!

That's what Facebook is for!

11 hours ago, RJ CVmellophone said:

PS @kevingamin- yes the horn line wore chaos face paint. And you may have missed the very end in front of the pit where one of our brass members rocked it old school by literally ripping her trumpet in half and stomping it into the ground. If you've got video, check the last 15 seconds ones or so. 

Man... when I marched I was afraid if I broke my horn that 1) Our quartermaster would have torn me to shreds, and 2) I couldn't afford a replacement!!! :tongue:

38 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I think I saw it but my brain didn't register what had happened. Might have been too traumatic for me to process. 😄

Years back Erie Thunderbirds mini corps did a bit where Gary Matzack(sp) had a beater contra fly out of his hands and bounce across the floor. Saw him later and told him to stay the bleep away from horn.... lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Years back Erie Thunderbirds mini corps did a bit where Gary Matzack(sp) had a beater contra fly out of his hands and bounce across the floor. Saw him later and told him to stay the bleep away from horn.... lol

I remember that bit. YOU CAN'T PARK THAT HERE!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Confirmed.

It was part of his "thank you" speech, where he did offhandedly acknowledge there were issues, but really took a shot at "internet trolls". For those of us on the back side of the field in the corps staff area behind the corps at retreat, it was a real "WTF, did he really just say that?" moment.

so, i did some research this evening. yes, i made a few comments as did others that frequent here. You know where i saw 95% of the complaints ( not counting Box5 issues)?

On Facebook, from staff, members and administration of corps.

There you go, the DCA President just called multiple staff people from multiple corps, as well as admin and members internet trolls. 

As I didnt plan to post from the event Sunday due to reception issues, I was prepared on the way home to give props for the souvie and parking changes as much, much better...and they were much better.

But, that statement on a live microphone was almost as tone deaf as anything Roman said in the papers the other week. The President of DCA just told the staffs, members and admin of his corps they were internet trolls.

In the immortal words of Lee Rudnicki......Genkus

• Like 2

On 9/2/2018 at 5:08 PM, kevingamin said:

I've purchased more data on my hotspot in preparation for tonight.

The whole audience was in a very hot spot for the first half of last night's show. Who would have thought we'd be longing for Saturday's dreary overcast to return?

• Haha 1