2018 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

On 9/2/2018 at 5:38 PM, kevingamin said:

Third panel reveals the totality. We are in total eclipse of the sun (not the heart).

Speaking of eclipses, I cannot urge everyone strongly enough, if you didn't see the total eclipse last summer, to try to see the next one in April 2024. It is such a cool experience that words just can't capture. If you're within four hours' drive, take the day off and make the trip. It will be totally worth it.

Here's a map showing the path of totality.

13 hours ago, RJ CVmellophone said:

And you may have missed the very end in front of the pit where one of our brass members rocked it old school by literally ripping her trumpet in half and stomping it into the ground. If you've got video, check the last 15 seconds ones or so. 

About half the audience seemed to notice that and were explaining it to the other half.

Great show! And even though I preferred C2 this year, I bought CV's very nice tee shirt.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Just read there were snakes in the warmup area. Darn trolls I mean staff members posting stuff

I wish I had known that! Herpetology is a hobby of mine.

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Speaking of eclipses, I cannot urge everyone strongly enough, if you didn't see the total eclipse last summer, to try to see the next one in April 2024. It is such a cool experience that words just can't capture. If you're within four hours' drive, take the day off and make the trip. It will be totally worth it.

That’s in Indy.  I can do that. 

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Totality... everything changes.  So sayeth the Skyliners. :tongue:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

giphy.gif

Red-sided garter snakes in Manitoba, I believe. A variation of the species most common in the central and eastern U.S., including PA (which has three garter snake species), but what the gif shows is their emergence in the spring to mate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcisse_Snake_Pits

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeD said:

My wife's grand-nephew is just starting at RIT. Basically the whole campus is connected by underground tunnels. 

Wow- we didn't use any tunnels... but their cafeteria was fantastic. I know there's a pic of many of us including myself making a 20-25 guy pyramid in there circa 1980-81 in that cafeteria floating around on the internet. Good times, it was our crazy way of thanking the ladies, they loved it. :biggrin:

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The whole audience was in a very hot spot for the first half of last night's show. Who would have thought we'd be longing for Saturday's dreary overcast to return?

Those East-West stadium designs.  LOL.

Note to future stadium designers... look at the sun first, before a shovel even breaks the ground. :tongue:

• Haha 2