2018 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Red-sided garter snakes in Manitoba, I believe. A variation of the species most common in the central and eastern U.S., including PA (which has three garter snake species), but what the gif shows is their emergence in the spring to mate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcisse_Snake_Pits

Images not unlike the college students who flock to the beaches during spring break, for much the same purpose.   :27_sunglasses:   

Edited by MikeD
  • Haha 3

Which news station was doing great the interviews? I was interviewed and I'd like to see the report. 

Shout out to my people in Cincinnati for achieving the first ever Box 5 brass score in the corps' history!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/4/2018 at 10:52 AM, RJ CVmellophone said:

Which news station was doing great the interviews? I was interviewed and I'd like to see the report. 

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/2018-drum-corp-adssociate-world-championship-take-over-williamsport/1414118470

"Drug and Bugle Players".....ouch.....

6 hours ago, dbriggs said:

could've been worse; could've said band

Brandt Crocker did that at semis 

On 9/4/2018 at 6:07 AM, Fran Haring said:

Those East-West stadium designs.  LOL.

Note to future stadium designers... look at the sun first, before a shovel even breaks the ground. :tongue:

I think that they already do that, but from a football game point of view and when the games are played. And, if the contest had started at a more civilized hour (maybe 7 PM) the sun wouldn't have been an issue for the crowd. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Bob P. said:

I think that they already do that, but from a football game point of view and when the games are played. And, if the contest had started at a more civilized hour (maybe 7 PM) the sun wouldn't have been an issue for the crowd. :unsure:

No way you're starting Finals that late with 15 performing corps and a full retreat ceremony.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bob P. said:

That's a great point that I overlooked, from my  "a stadium should be designed for drum corps" perspective.  LOL.

Stadiums are NOT designed for drum corps. They're designed for the teams playing there. So... if it's a football stadium, a north-south field (and thus, east-west seating) works best, at least for any football that is played during daylight hours.

10 hours ago, Bob P. said:

and also, in this case, you have to look at how much land is available