2018 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

On 9/9/2018 at 11:55 PM, Jeff Ream said:

and also, in this case, you have to look at how much land is available

And how the terrain is arranged. I can think of at least three other PA HS football stadiums (Red Lion, Windber, Serra Catholic) built on the side of a hill like that... Shamokin's might be... Jeff?

1 hour ago, BigW said:

And how the terrain is arranged. I can think of at least three other PA HS football stadiums (Red Lion, Windber, Serra Catholic) built on the side of a hill like that... Shamokin's might be... Jeff?

I haven’t been to Shamokin in a while, I can’t remember. I know logistically it’s not fun 

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I haven’t been to Shamokin in a while, I can’t remember. I know logistically it’s not fun 

Ditto. I know there's the side of the hill, head down the hill from the staging area, very windy... I just can't remember if the home stands are built into the side of the hill or whether they stand alone.

Seems to be something they like to do if there's the right hill in a town in PA.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the gin joints...

Heading to my seat at a marching band competition tonight, from a couple rows above I heard someone say, "I did not expect to see someone wearing an Atlanta CV t-shirt here!" It was Kevin Gamin. (The contest was being held at his alma mater.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2