2018 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition - Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Next on the field is the Bushwackers from Harrison, New Jersey. Their 2018 program is entitled "Pablo" and consists of:

The Canyon
Nature Boy
Cubism
Genius

Just now, trptmagnet said:

Interesting.   Are you at stadium or on Box5?

I had same thought when watching from Box5.  On stream it is all carried to us by electronics (mics, amps, stream tech, networks, your computer, video and speakers etc.)

So the effect of amplification at stadium when on Box5 streaming,  I think is much less and compared to watching live.  Ya know what I mean?

Box5 so not worried about placement of amps. Having sat outside of the amps (amp on 20 or so and me on 10 yard line) know what you mean. When you can see the side and back of the amps... never mind 

The sound of paint brush on canvas starts the show. The guard uniforms are STUNNING, literally walking Picasso masterpieces.

• Like 1

And was on 10 yard line as we went on first and did not want to bug paying customers as I watched rest of show 

Man, we just took a step up with Bush. The intensity during Canyon is full stop. Drill is much more fast paced.

WICKED trombone smear during Nature Boy.

I really love the four props they have on the outer perimeter of each side of the field. They start off as plain white, which allows the guard's shadows to feature prominently on them when they dance in front of them. Throughout the show, the props then feature portions of a Picasso work associated with that movement of the show. Also horn soloists perform atop them, so they also serve as stages. Very effective use of props.

Great use of Nature Boy and El Tango de Roxanne for the second movement.

Pit members flamenco clapping into a mic to start the next movement.

Tasty snare feature!

Drum line is very strong this season for Bush.

Guard breaks out various colored cubes. Horns are playing a Latin rendition of White Rabbit which is blowing my mind.