All Electronic Front Ensemble/Pit

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Over in Japan, Honda is working on using robots.

I almost got hit by one while shopping at Stop and Shop and the robot was supposedly cleaning the floors. I felt stalked as I imagined myself being Jeff P. or Charlie Poole checking out the battery; and some designer puts the saber line on judge watch duty to keep that space clear.

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

might help with sound sport / start up groups in the DCI realm -- or for a show themed appropriately 

That I can easily see.

Aside from the obvious weather concerns with the electronics... not a bad idea at all.

26 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That I can easily see.

Aside from the obvious weather concerns with the electronics... not a bad idea at all.

Hey cutting the massive start up costs of the marimbas can really make it more manageable - you can literally buy many many horns with that $$$

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hey cutting the massive start up costs of the marimbas can really make it more manageable - you can literally buy many many horns with that $$$

I agree, that certainly is one positive here.

Sometimes I wonder if the "gotta have more equipment" arms race will drive some corps out of business, or closer to the edge at least. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Sometimes I wonder if the "gotta have more equipment" arms race will drive some corps out of business, or closer to the edge at least. 

Having enough money has been a big reason why many corps over the decades have closed up shop.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

17 hours ago, Ghost said:

Actually, robots, or even holograms for that matter, could be a very cool motif or accent in a show, but please never remove the human element entirely from the performance!  

• Like 1