Just A Thought!

On 9/8/2018 at 2:12 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Huh... <searches, searches> ... Yes!

Except the most recent "This is DCA!" video is seven years old, and DCA doesn't seem to have posted anything at all in three years.

DCI posts about four videos per week, it appears.

I don't expect DCA to keep up with that pace!

But just one per month would go a ways toward improving the league's exposure.

The corps could also possibly do more...someone did include a Fusion and Kidsgrove warmup to their large library of DCI corps warmups and excerpts @ 2 years ago.

As for the directors, some get it. Some have ties with DCA staff members and corps. Others don't get it. Nor do they want to. Some (insert derogatory term here) put up a video whinging about drum corps people coming back and making their chummy little band camps miserable... basically because those individuals aren't used to all the screwing around, people who are there because they're forced to be there by parents, or individuals who frankly don't care one iota about what they present on the field at all or how they play. I know, we look like snobs, I hear that, but anyone who's marched in any competent corps does care about how they do things no matter how unimportant they may seem to be, how they present themselves publicly, and know there's the right way to do things. I can't go back to my alumni band after the last one when several folks were stumblebumming it to the stadium. They should have had everyone drive there and walk in instead of that debacle. Embarrassing? Yeah. Extremely.

Directors and staff who care, who really desire to improve the program would benefit greatly from outreach. DCA has an advantage. How? They're working with talent more closely in line with the HS scene in most cases and developing it wonderfully. They're not drawing the top 50-60 out of 300+ applicants.