Vanguard Cadets to remain on West Coast

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am told neither is financial. 

Of the four contacts I have DM'd in the past half-hour about this, two have said "it's financial" and two have said "it's not financial." Man I'm glad I never became a journalist. :sigh:

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am told neither is financial. 

When the SCVC Corps Director is reportedly caught off guard by the SCV Organization that his SCVC Corps will not be allowed to tour in 2019 ( prompting his unexpected, quick resignation) it does lead one to believe that there is more to this story than " the costs of sending 2 Corps out on national tours". Both BDB and SCVC have been going to Indy now for a few years with no interruptions in that travel outside of Calif.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Even when SCV Cadets did not go to DCI Championships in 2010, ( the last time they skipped the DCI Championships ), they still toured outside the state of Calif. They went to Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Texas during that 2010 season. Not leaving the state at all is rather unusual the last decade for both Corps ( BDB and SCVC )

Edited by BRASSO

Highly improbable but interesting scenario that Cadets 2 go open class that would throw a whole new wrinkle and make OC totally wild.

Edited by totaleefree

I think it’s a return of the corps original mission for both. Why are kids aging out of feeder corps? Why is there a disconnect between the groups in each?

2 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Of the four contacts I have DM'd in the past half-hour about this, two have said "it's financial" and two have said "it's not financial." Man I'm glad I never became a journalist. :sigh:

You just need another contact to break the tie. Then you've got hard data to back up the story. 

My son and his buddies are leaning toward the “conspiracy theory” floated earlier. In looking at VC’s record since 2008 their placings have been

08/13/15/17/18 - 1st

09/14/16 - 2nd

11/12 - 3rd

2010- did not attend 

On the other hand, my son commented that seating arrangements on VC’s busses were revamped following the implementation of member safety initiatives this year post “The Thing of Which We Will Not Speak”; no one 18 & over could sit with members age 17 and under. 

Edited by TRacer

8 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Here are all the California Shows from this year.

June 21-July 6th
Clovis
Stanford
Sacramento
Pacific Procession (Exhibition)
Oceanside
Pasadena
Riverside
2nd Sacramento 

July 15th-21st
Norwalk
Bakersfield
Pleasant Hill

-------------------------

In the past, they had a show either in Santa Barbara and Oxnard. I can see adding that show back on. I can see them moving the 2nd Sac show to the latter half of the calendar. Perhaps shift the calendar to the following. All OC California corps who embark on a national tour can either opt to do the first tour,  go national or do both California tours,  a few shows in the mid-west before the OC Prelims. 

First Tour June-Early July 
**Past Shows added back
*New Show Location

Clovis
Stanford
Sacramento
Pacific Procession (Competitive for OC)
Santa Barbara**
Oceanside
Pasadena
Riverside

Mid-July Tour
Oxnard**
Thousand Oaks*
Norwalk/Bellflower
San Diego*
Bakersfield
2nd Sacramento Show
Pleasant Hill (California OC Final Show)

The aforementioned is in regards to perhaps adding a few more shows to the out in California, and slightly revamping the schedule. I think there are enough shows to go around.