DCI survey

A little worrisome that one of the questions concerned DCI remaking corps' boards of directors, yet this is going to fans and donors first and not, you know, corps BoD's.

Edit: and I missed the part where it asked if "nationally touring" corps should have an 18+ age limit.  Provides more context for current events.  :40_rage: 

Mike

48 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We didn’t get one.  Maybe they wouldn’t have liked our answers. 

Ditto — for the second year in a row.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MikeN said:

A little worrisome that one of the questions concerned DCI remaking corps' boards of directors, yet this is going to fans and donors first and not, you know, corps BoD's.

Edit: and I missed the part where it asked if "nationally touring" corps should have an 18+ age limit.  Provides more context for current events.  :40_rage: 

Mike

Fans and donors would not have a vested interest in the board make up the way directors would, so you could get a better feel of how non profits structure boards. Of course you could also have off the wall crazies who know nothing about the topic.

Regarding 18+, If DCI thinks upping the age will change liability issues that Pioneeer could face or sexual misconduct issues, they’d better do some consult with colleges and universities. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

We didn’t get one.  Maybe they wouldn’t have liked our answers. 

Maybe they didn't like mine either. A few pages into the survey, it disappeared from my screen to be replaced by a page that said that I had already filled out the survey. I feel cheated, especially given the high price of LOS tickets we all paid.

Just an aside. During this week we have learned that 3 corps will not appear in 2019 championships (Pioneer, SCVC, and BDB.) At 17 minutes on the field each, that's almost an hour less of competition and entertainment.  Will DCI be adjusting ticket prices down due to the lesser program?  What about the ticket packages already sold?  Seems like another ethics question for Dan A and DCI to embrace. Don't cheat your bread and butter.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Maybe they didn't like mine either. A few pages into the survey, it disappeared from my screen to be replaced by a page that said that I had already filled out the survey. I feel cheated, especially given the high price of LOS tickets we all paid.

Just an aside. During this week we have learned that 3 corps will not appear in 2019 championships (Pioneer, SCVC, and BDB.) At 17 minutes on the field each, that's almost an hour less of competition and entertainment.  Will DCI be adjusting ticket prices down due to the lesser program?  What about the ticket packages already sold?  Seems like another ethics question for Dan A and DCI to embrace. Don't cheat your bread and butter.

The links provided are custom to each user, so when you posted personal link on a public website, someone probably filled it out and hit send before you completed it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Seems like a premature question at the very least, considering we do not know how many corps are adding to the lineup in 2019.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Interesting points, but the  only show it would impact is prelims, and that’s already a reasonably priced ticket, all things considering a bang for the buck. On the plus side, it’s an extra hour’s sleep for those of us who arrive for the first show. Personally, I hope we see at least three other OC corps that have not yet made it to Indy. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

The links provided are custom to each user, so when you posted personal link on a public website, someone probably filled it out and hit send before you completed it.

except I didn't post on DCP until after it disappeared on my personal page. I was hoping someone would have a good solution; your answer makes sense though to this luddite. 

• Like 1