DCI survey

33 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Seems like a premature question at the very least, considering we do not know how many corps are adding to the lineup in 2019.

Sometimes one has to float the balloon in the sky to get DCI to think ahead and not be reactive for the almost fifty years I've dealt with them from the beginning.  Where are these added corps coming from?

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Ditto — for the second year in a row.

same here. but i havent been to finals for a while so i usually get skipped on surveys

11 hours ago, xandandl said:

Sometimes one has to float the balloon in the sky to get DCI to think ahead and not be reactive for the almost fifty years I've dealt with them from the beginning.  Where are these added corps coming from?

New corps.  Returning corps who sat out 2018.  Existing corps who did not go to Indiana in 2018, but are expanding their tours.

Like I said, we do not know yet who will come.  Corps in these categories do not make those decisions (or get DCI approval) until after some of those advance tickets are sold.  The event price is set far in advance of when anyone (including DCI) has that knowledge.  

I usually get a survey every year probably because we go to Finals every year and I always fill out the survey.

IMO ONLY:  18-year-old entry age limit. If we limit DCI participation on both entry and exit, I'm not a fan.  It should be a parents' and members' decision when to start marching.  And I told them that. 

• Like 8

With the age restrictions hints, this sounds to me more like what GH (and Gibbs?) proposed if one remembers when GH proposed upping the age-out to 25, an age when almost all have finished their college years (and the age Obama care used as the cutoff from parental health insurance.) I do not recall the exact year this was proposed and voted down by DCI. Electronics were also voted down the first time it was proposed, and look what has happened since.

Edited by xandandl

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

New corps.  Returning corps who sat out 2018.  Existing corps who did not go to Indiana in 2018, but are expanding their tours.

Like I said, we do not know yet who will come.  Corps in these categories do not make those decisions (or get DCI approval) until after some of those advance tickets are sold.  The event price is set far in advance of when anyone (including DCI) has that knowledge.  

and even 35 corps for that price is a bargain

DCI 's survey for next Sept should add/ ask the question.... " Should we allow those gabbers on DCP to return to the participation in our annual DCI surveys ? ". This way, when the DCI phone don't ring in the future for us all, we'll know who it is.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

IMO ONLY:  18-year-old entry age limit. If we limit DCI participation on both entry and exit, I'm not a fan.  It should be a parents' and members' decision when to start marching.  And I told them that. 

I'm currently on the fence on this one... could be persuaded either way. I see both the benefits and the drawbacks if a decision was made to restrict national touring Corps to have only 18+ aged marchers allowed into these touring Corps. DCI does not have a youth problem. It had ( has ) an adult problem with a very small cadre of adult misfits. Until DCI gets the misfits out entirely, then perhaps restricting memberships to 18+ might be the safe thing to do. But like I said, I'm currently on the fence on this one.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2