DCI survey

18 hours ago, Tim K said:

Fans and donors would not have a vested interest in the board make up the way directors would, so you could get a better feel of how non profits structure boards. Of course you could also have off the wall crazies who know nothing about the topic.

Regarding 18+, If DCI thinks upping the age will change liability issues that Pioneeer could face or sexual misconduct issues, they’d better do some consult with colleges and universities. 

Re the 18+, several thoughts:

1 - I wonder if SCVC & BD2 have made the decision to stay 'local' in anticipation of this possible new requirement.

2 - I suppose this could eliminate child abuse (in its many forms) - now it would be adult - on - adult assault (in its many forms)

3 - This could lead to a resurgence of local circuits (like DCM) for Corps with younger members.

4 - Would Open Class be subject to the non-touring requirement?  For example, Louisiana Star going to Michigan City looks like a tour to me.

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

same here. but i havent been to finals for a while so i usually get skipped on surveys

I have puchased Indy tickets since the beginning of Indy shows and have not been surveyed for at least two years now. I think DCI discovered that I have been known to hang out with Jim and Terri.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It was my first time attending Indy. I was happy to fill out the long survey and impressed that such sensitive topics were being shared with "the public" to get some input. At the same time, several of the questions were very poorly worded and/or had answer options that will skew the results. Sometimes I had to pick "neutral" for a question when I am not really neutral at all, but I did not have the kind of information necessary to answer the question. I would have skipped it or chosen not applicable, but that was not an option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

It was my first time attending Indy. I was happy to fill out the long survey and impressed that such sensitive topics were being shared with "the public" to get some input. At the same time, several of the questions were very poorly worded and/or had answer options that will skew the results. Sometimes I had to pick "neutral" for a question when I am not really neutral at all, but I did not have the kind of information necessary to answer the question. I would have skipped it or chosen not applicable, but that was not an option. 

I agree from the pages I saw before the computer ate my survey. Even the chronology pages were mis-ordered. Questions and answers were definitely NOT without steering to a result. Poorly done.

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I'm currently on the fence on this one... could be persuaded either way. I see both the benefits and the drawbacks if a decision was made to restrict national touring Corps to have only 18+ aged marchers allowed into these touring Corps. DCI does not have a youth problem. It had ( has ) an adult problem with a very small cadre of adult misfits. Until DCI gets the misfits out entirely, then perhaps restricting memberships to 18+ might be the safe thing to do. But like I said, I'm currently on the fence on this one.

exactly. the issue isn't kids.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, xandandl said:

Maybe they didn't like mine either. A few pages into the survey, it disappeared from my screen to be replaced by a page that said that I had already filled out the survey. I feel cheated, especially given the high price of LOS tickets we all paid.

Just an aside. During this week we have learned that 3 corps will not appear in 2019 championships (Pioneer, SCVC, and BDB.) At 17 minutes on the field each, that's almost an hour less of competition and entertainment.  Will DCI be adjusting ticket prices down due to the lesser program?  What about the ticket packages already sold?  Seems like another ethics question for Dan A and DCI to embrace. Don't cheat your bread and butter.

No, they will not reduce the prices nor should they.

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have puchased Indy tickets since the beginning of Indy shows and have not been surveyed for at least two years now. I think DCI discovered that I have been known to hang out with Jim and Terri.

Now you’re blackballed from surveys.  Whatever will we do?  😂

• Haha 1

For several years, I received the survey, but not in the last 2 years.

There was always a question listing dozens of restaurants, then asking us which ones we visited. Slippery Noodle and Shapiro's were never listed.

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Now you’re blackballed from surveys.  Whatever will we do?  😂

Whistle Stop!

• Thanks 1