DCI survey

Received mine yesterday and just completed it. I'm embarrassed for DCI for the quality of the survey (and the email format that came to me, requiring me to scroll far right to see any text). But I appreciate what they're trying to get at in this long survey and their efforts overall to collect feedback.

Based on the questions about ticket purchases and attendance at events, it seems like the recipients should be almost anyone for whom DCI has an email. Not just certain buyers of DCI show tickets.

Edited by mjoakes
spelling
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2018 at 8:37 AM, BRASSO said:

I'm currently on the fence on this one... could be persuaded either way. I see both the benefits and the drawbacks if a decision was made to restrict national touring Corps to have only 18+ aged marchers allowed into these touring Corps. DCI does not have a youth problem. It had ( has ) an adult problem with a very small cadre of adult misfits. Until DCI gets the misfits out entirely, then perhaps restricting memberships to 18+ might be the safe thing to do. But like I said, I'm currently on the fence on this one.

'National Touring Corps'.... wouldn't that include all the open class corps that compete in Michigan City as well?  

I'm seeing a lot of tiny corps if all members have to be 18+.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 6:24 AM, mjoakes said:

Received mine yesterday and just completed it. I'm embarrassed for DCI for the quality of the survey (and the email format that came to me, requiring me to scroll far right to see any text). But I appreciate what they're trying to get at in this long survey and their efforts overall to collect feedback.

Based on the questions about ticket purchases and attendance at events, it seems like the recipients should be almost anyone for whom DCI has an email. Not just certain buyers of DCI show tickets.

We didn’t get one and we did buy tickets.  @Jurassic Lancer didn’t get it either. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

We didn’t get one and we did buy tickets.  @Jurassic Lancer didn’t get it either. 

Actually, I finally got one but haven’t completed it yet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Gee, I must really be on someone’s #### list.  lol 

just one?

😠

• Haha 1

i'm guessing they didnt ask how people felt about cymbal lines based on the cuts

Got mine a few days ago.  Rather lengthy survey.  I made my annual complaint about DCI not having a system in place that allows their "customers" to keep their same seats from year to year.  

I would like to see DCI put on a report on what they have actually changed based on any of these surveys over the years?

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm guessing they didnt ask how people felt about cymbal lines based on the cuts

They specifically asked about cymbals. I gave my permission to cut them. So I'm pretty sure I have impact.

I also asked them to please double up on the use of electronics, singing, and voice-overs. And couldn't we use another couple dozen guard members?