Oregon Crusaders to focus on cultural sensitivity

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Potential lawsuits could be part of why posts are deleted but  are probably not the only reason why DCP has taken down posts. If you don’t have accusers to come forward, you don’t have allegations. It’s that basic. You may know it’s true, but people have to come forward first, otherwise it’s not much better than hearsay and rumors. 

In general, defamation of character lawsuits are getting harder for people to win and often lots of dirty laundry is aired. The court of public opinion tends to favor those who make accusations. Unless a person has a better than spotless record, I’m not sure anything would be gained. If DCP is sued, it could cause havoc and perhaps the forums could be shut down though that is questionable, but what else could happen? I may be wrong but I don’t think DCP is a Fortune 500 company rolling in the dough. 

Your points are excellent.

Your options are scary.

What would we do with Jeff Ream who last night on another thread was challenged for his 97,000+ posts (and I somewhat defended him.)???

1 hour ago, lifeisaround said:

Apparently there was an article that was supposed to be released with Cavies and SCV ties... and it never did... hmmhm... 

the rumor still circulates. My hunch is when and if the reporters have a story that can back up fully, it'll get out.

The basis for the rumored story is well known. one of the worst kept secrets in an activity full of poorly held secrets

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Potential lawsuits could be part of why posts are deleted but  are probably not the only reason why DCP has taken down posts. If you don’t have accusers to come forward, you don’t have allegations. It’s that basic. You may know it’s true, but people have to come forward first, otherwise it’s not much better than hearsay and rumors. 

In general, defamation of character lawsuits are getting harder for people to win and often lots of dirty laundry is aired. The court of public opinion tends to favor those who make accusations. Unless a person has a better than spotless record, I’m not sure anything would be gained. If DCP is sued, it could cause havoc and perhaps the forums could be shut down though that is questionable, but what else could happen? I may be wrong but I don’t think DCP is a Fortune 500 company rolling in the dough. 

agreed. leaks of the pending Hopkins story started appearing in january, 3 months before the article came out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Your points are excellent.

Your options are scary.

What would we do with Jeff Ream who last night on another thread was challenged for his 97,000+ posts (and I somewhat defended him.)???

oh hell i originally cracked 100,000 in 2007. Then as one old sub forum was deleted, a ton went away, then as some older stuff was purged more went away. I gave up counting in 2007. In fact, I only look when someone brings it up like it's a weapon that can harm me. Usually it provides me a good opportunity to flex my inner ######## within the forum guidelines

• Like 1

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Many people got emails months before anything was made public. this is true

yup. i was getting stuff before Christmas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, garfield said:

All of them.

And all the other bad news in DCI.

The camel is IN the tent.

One thing I know for sure: if Donna Bachelor is involved, the rats will scurry away before she arrives and the place will be scrubbed and sterilized clean.

(EDIT: Not that I'm suggesting I have "connections".)

I'm confused.  Are they rats or a camel?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, luv4corps said:

Hello people...

I'm going to say again that the OC accusations on Reddit are flying fast and furious and I feel compelled to defend the corps and I will continue to do so. There is a grain of truth to some of the charges, and OC is addressing these issues but they are GETTING BLOWN UP AND OUT OF CONTROL. 

I was on tour with OC in 2014.  Let's just take the case of the homophobic bus driver.  I RODE THE PERCUSSION BUS WITH THAT JERK and yes, he was awful.  The drivers were employees of a hired bus company.  NOT OC's FAULT when in the middle of tour the complaints about the drivers start rolling in.  What were they to do?  I do believe the bus company WAS contacted and told of the horrible attitude of the drivers and to my knowledge, they never used that company again.  The brass bus driver had to be kept awake by the cook mom on the bus who then had to freaking make breakfast at 5 AM.  That was a horrible situation but again, NOT OC's fault.  I clearly remember one of the other cook moms and I talking at length with the board president after DATR about the percussion driver and he was VERY RECEPTIVE  to our concerns.  As far as how MQ handled the gay member's assault, I can't speak to his exact actions but I refuse to believe he did it the horrific way described on Reddit. I have been in contact with MQ recently, and have talked at length with my son about all of these accusations and....neither he nor I believe this puffed up rumor mill.  

He marched with the corps for FIVE YEARS and saw none of this.  Yes, everyone knew that a certain percussion staff member known as MS was a jerk .  I wasn't surprised that he was gone for the 2018 season.  I'm sure there will be repercussions regarding his actions and I will attest that the information about him specifically could be fact but all the rest of this stuff I am having a hard time believing was as horrific as described.

I have never stuck my neck out here on DCP but I'm doing it now.  Flame me all you want.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You've gotta be kidding me. 

It seems like you are a little close to the board and staff at OC to see clearly. 

I don't necessarily put a huge weight on anonymous reddit comments but I will take the words of many actual members with names and faces over a DCP poster with connections to the corps. 

Seeing all the non-anonymous comments on Facebook is eye opening 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, luv4corps said:

Hello people...

I'm going to say again that the OC accusations on Reddit are flying fast and furious and I feel compelled to defend the corps and I will continue to do so. There is a grain of truth to some of the charges, and OC is addressing these issues but they are GETTING BLOWN UP AND OUT OF CONTROL. 

I was on tour with OC in 2014.  Let's just take the case of the homophobic bus driver.  I RODE THE PERCUSSION BUS WITH THAT JERK and yes, he was awful.  The drivers were employees of a hired bus company.  NOT OC's FAULT when in the middle of tour the complaints about the drivers start rolling in.  What were they to do?  I do believe the bus company WAS contacted and told of the horrible attitude of the drivers and to my knowledge, they never used that company again.  The brass bus driver had to be kept awake by the cook mom on the bus who then had to freaking make breakfast at 5 AM.  That was a horrible situation but again, NOT OC's fault.  I clearly remember one of the other cook moms and I talking at length with the board president after DATR about the percussion driver and he was VERY RECEPTIVE  to our concerns.  As far as how MQ handled the gay member's assault, I can't speak to his exact actions but I refuse to believe he did it the horrific way described on Reddit. I have been in contact with MQ recently, and have talked at length with my son about all of these accusations and....neither he nor I believe this puffed up rumor mill.  

He marched with the corps for FIVE YEARS and saw none of this.  Yes, everyone knew that a certain percussion staff member known as MS was a jerk .  I wasn't surprised that he was gone for the 2018 season.  I'm sure there will be repercussions regarding his actions and I will attest that the information about him specifically could be fact but all the rest of this stuff I am having a hard time believing was as horrific as described.

I have never stuck my neck out here on DCP but I'm doing it now.  Flame me all you want.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I realize the buses were contracted out, and perhaps the better response from management should have been:

"Get us new drivers NOW, or we go public about how your drivers are and sue your company's axx to the nines. Am I clear?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4