Minnesota Brass to return in '19 to DCA

BRASSO

19 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Thanks Brasso for posting some great news in what has been a woeful week for DCPers.

I agree... best news in several days!!!

Looks like they will have a bit of work to do over the coming months to make it become a reality, but the commitment towards that goal of return appears present at the moment, and that certainly is good news !. Best of success towards their efforts to make it happen!

• Thanks 1

Reading the article... it looks like the current management will be stepping aside, and for me, that's a sad day.

Gavin, Todd,  Eric, and the rest... all great people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

good news, and good that the old team will help the new team in transition

• Like 2

Yes!

Back in the spring they announced they were undertaking a thorough review process; they even sent out an RFP for a market-research consultant. I'm glad that work paid off with this result.

That said, as Brasso notes, it will surely take some time for Brass to automatically rebound to their former levels. They fell to ninth last year--albeit with what looks to have been the highest 9th place score ever (edging out Bush 2009 and CV 2007)--and no one should expect them to do better than that in 2019.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes!

Back in the spring they announced they were undertaking a thorough review process; they even sent out an RFP for a market-research consultant. I'm glad that work paid off with this result.

That said, as Brasso notes, it will surely take some time for Brass to automatically rebound to their former levels. They fell to ninth last year--albeit with what looks to have been the highest 9th place score ever (edging out Bush 2009 and CV 2007)--and no one should expect them to do better than that in 2019.

Step at a time, I agree.

Very good to see that Joel Matuzak will still be involved on the programming end. He has done a great job with MBI for many years.

Notable that there is nothing in this press release about a return to DCA.  Just that MBI wants to continue as an all-age corps.

There have been other all-age corps who have not been part of DCA. Heck... it took the Govenaires until 2004 to make the trip East.  LOL.

We live in interesting times. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Notable that there is nothing in this press release about a return to DCA.  Just that MBI wants to continue as an all-age corps.

There have been other all-age corps who have not been part of DCA. Heck... it took the Govenaires until 2004 to make the trip East.  LOL.

We live in interesting times. :laughing:

Baby steps