This weekend at band (camp) I heard....

Once DCA finals are finished, so many in the marching arts activity in the States turn their weekends toward marching bands. There mms, faculties, staff, and spectators also debate the ups and downs of the past drum corps seasons, express their hopes at the future seasons and possibilities, and grapple with the present finances and other rumors, gossip, half-truths and tragedies going the whirl of the social sites and speculation.

What did you hear from someone this weekend?  Do you consider it fact or fiction? Creative or just playing telephone?

Where the Staff Merry-go-round thread is for official announcements, done deals, and Facebook postings, what did you pick up (or even imagine) from what the banter at the band was playing?

For instance at one college marching band that I critiqued this weekend, I had heard from a well known DCI  drill writer and his assistant band directors that there was high probability that a certain other DCI drill writer of an Eastern corps would be returning to his alma mater where he had much previous success.  Could be. I'm not too convinced that would be an upgrade.

I also heard in this same conversation that 2018 DCI and DCA seasons had no notable drill moves that will be sought for viewing over and over again except BAC's revolving triangle.  This same college band tried more drill moves in their show than many corps did all season and they didn't use any props. I look to the Allentown College Band Festival on Sept. 30 to see if either rumors were true.

Edited by xandandl

You're literally asking for unsubstantiated rumors? Want to make sure I understand the point of this thread. 

Unsubstantiated rumors can actually cause quite a bit of harm. 

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

I also heard in this same conversation that 2018 DCI and DCA seasons had no notable drill moves that will be sought for viewing over and over again except BAC's revolving triangle.

This is not too great an exaggeration.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

You're literally asking for unsubstantiated rumors? Want to make sure I understand the point of this thread. 

Unsubstantiated rumors can actually cause quite a bit of harm. 

Not to mention, I thought they were frowned upon here in DCP land.