Alumni Spectular to move inside for 2019

LucyGuy66

So now that Allen Buell has announced that the Alumni Specular will move to a stage performance, What are your thoughts about this?  It will remain on Sunday.

Sounds like Plymouth or any other standstill show which means no more M&M for Boston, Cabs, Scout House (if they come back), St Joes and ???. Show will be missing something without the room to move.

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sounds like Plymouth or any other standstill show which means no more M&M for Boston, Cabs, Scout House (if they come back), St Joes and ???. Show will be missing something without the room to move.

And we won't be able to call that  "real drum corps"!  :bored:

3 hours ago, Bob P. said:

And we won't be able to call that  "real drum corps"!  :bored:

Not sure if that is slap at me or joking. I’m not able to make field shows and only able to watch DCA weekend on line. So this is he only chance I get to see these corps so more than stand still on a stage. 

Annnnnd Cabs Alumni can be overpowering inside. Hope stage is big enough have been at venues where horn line is on the floor with the audience 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Good move in terms of getting the alumni corps out of the heat, and without having to deal with "The Hill" at the stadium venue.  And hopefully getting more foot traffic downtown on Sunday morning/afternoon. Saw the alumni show this year and honestly, hardly any corps did any drill. Cabs Alumni and Boston Senior were notable exceptions.

I just hope the indoors area is big enough that the corps' color guards can do their work. It would suck if they are left out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not sure if that is slap at me or joking. I’m not able to make field shows and only able to watch DCA weekend on line. So this is he only chance I get to see these corps so more than stand still on a stage. 

Annnnnd Cabs Alumni can be overpowering inside. Hope stage is big enough have been at venues where horn line is on the floor with the audience 

Just a bad joke.  Indoor shows is the antithesis of what Drum Corps is (was) about.  Park and blow (especially by Cabs) is especially painful indoors.  Also, one can't really see if the guard is doing something, which, at least, more alumni are featuring.

1 hour ago, Bob P. said:

Just a bad joke.  Indoor shows is the antithesis of what Drum Corps is (was) about.  Park and blow (especially by Cabs) is especially painful indoors.  Also, one can't really see if the guard is doing something, which, at least, more alumni are featuring.

Ok not a problem. And forgot about the guard work. Had to sit front row at a show with Bridgemen alumni standing on the floor right in front. Couple of them were apologizing for the volume before they started to play.

20 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok not a problem. And forgot about the guard work. Had to sit front row at a show with Bridgemen alumni standing on the floor right in front. Couple of them were apologizing for the volume before they started to play.

When Profiles in Brass was at Red Lion, we warned a person the Westshore lead baris were going to light them up. Big time. They said it was okay. I think we deafened the poor guy but he asked for it.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dbriggs said:

Loud is Good

Bleeding out of the ears is not.... lol

Seriously have been close enough or heard loud enough corps where all you hear are the horns right in front of you or sound is just a muddle. Worse was Red Lion as BigW mentioned above or even the Harrisburg Forum which has great acoustics but even that was overpowered 

Edited by JimF-LowBari