Crossmen 2019

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

How does one “own” a corps?  

buy it from PA, put your wife on the board

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

He owns the corps, so I hope so. What do you want? Do you want him to fold the corps?

So it's the Blenski shuffle. It would be nice if someone put together a list of the Corps owners vs diversified BOD run corps. I am not going to rate the MMs health & safety issues by placement so if the Crossmen must go because of their director's willful ignorance in direct violation of the new code so the activity survives then so be it. A few adults need to figure this out so far their reasoning/reaction/action isn't cutting it. They are not addressing a continuing negative news cycle the tide must turn soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1corpsfan said:

He owns the corps, so I hope so. What do you want? Do you want him to fold the corps?

I want him to resign as executive director. One can do that without folding the corps. Do you think he should stay, having brought Joel Moody onto his staff with full knowledge of his past?  I think Fred’s placing Joel Moody around young marching members was an incredible lapse of judgement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, 1corpsfan said:

According to two different sources, including the Cullinane Law Group out of Austin, TX, one of the National go-to law firms for nonprofits, no one “owns” a nonprofit. This is not to say Fred Morrison has not written bylaws and formed a board that keeps him in charge, but he does not own Crossmen, st least in a legal sense.

On 1/12/2019 at 12:05 AM, Brian Tuma said:

How does one “own” a corps?  

Perhaps same way the RB 'owns' Pioneer?  At Pioneer RB's personal finances were intermingled w/ the Corps - for example I understand he mortgaged his house to purchase brass instruments.

DCI did the right thing w/r/t Pioneer.  It just took a while.  I hope DCI will have the intestinal fortitude to remove an individual from their midst who apparently hired an individual known to have had his teaching credentials removed for sexual misconduct with a student, and paid to have the information 'scrubbed' (my term) from the internet.

Remember, to the outside world that Perception is Reality.

NO Corps should be dependent on one single individual for existence.  If getting rid of Morrison causes Crossmen to fold the Corps, well then they have other major problems that need to be fixed before they can load 150 kids on bus's & drive cross-country. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
more better English
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Page 6 and no post for almost a month. What is happening deep in the heart of Texas?

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the dead.... saw a hint recently that had a picture of a wolf howling and the nuclear warfare symbol. Quite intriguing if you ask me. Also hearing a lot of good things about them this year..can't wait for announcements to roll in!