Crossmen 2019

2 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

After watching a video of the show... the corps sounds great, but the show design falls flat for me. The trombone feature is underwhelming to the point of sounding incredibly cheesy.

i'm the opposite

sounds super rough for me (yes, I know it's June), but i think the design framework is pretty solid

21 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

After watching a video of the show... the corps sounds great, but the show design falls flat for me. The trombone feature is underwhelming to the point of sounding incredibly cheesy.

I...agree. I know it’s early but I have very mixed feelings, and the trombone feature seems forced.

I absolutely love some of the music but I don’t really see the Valkyrie theme connected visually/musically in a pleasing way aside from all of the aggression that just reminds me of a Beast 2.0.

The guard seems SO much better than last year and I love them in this new more fast paced show. I really think the rest of the show will grow on me as it gets cleaned.

Edited by DASCFan

Just now, DASCFan said:

I...agree. I know it’s early but I have very mixed feelings, the trombone feature seems forced.

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned because it's easier to clean up technical dirt than rework the design, obviously there is some dirt to work on because it's June but overall the corps sounds and looks pretty strong. Also, I can't watch the drum feature before Valkyrie and not see a watered-down version of Babylon's dance/percussion feature.

So, I think this is the first adult version of Crossmen we have seen since they moved to Texas. The framework of the show is solid. Room for lots of growth to make the seems more mature and emotionally connective. Good for you Bones. 

• Like 1