Crossmen 2019

8 hours ago, DASCFan said:

I...agree. I know it’s early but I have very mixed feelings, and the trombone feature seems forced.

I absolutely love some of the music but I don’t really see the Valkyrie theme connected visually/musically in a pleasing way aside from all of the aggression that just reminds me of a Beast 2.0.

The guard seems SO much better than last year and I love them in this new more fast paced show. I really think the rest of the show will grow on me as it gets cleaned.

Well Beast did get 4th place

This is going to be a fun one, brass has some serious licks and power that will be even more impressive as it cleans.  Guard was REALLY fighting the wind in this one but even so the work looks very exciting.  Percussion is very solid.  Only thing I couldn't get a good read on was the drill/overall visual program from the low angles.  But Led Zeplin?  Come on, that's fun. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DASCFan said:

I...agree. I know it’s early but I have very mixed feelings, and the trombone feature seems forced.

I absolutely love some of the music but I don’t really see the Valkyrie theme connected visually/musically in a pleasing way aside from all of the aggression that just reminds me of a Beast 2.0.

The guard seems SO much better than last year and I love them in this new more fast paced show. I really think the rest of the show will grow on me as it gets cleaned.

I already like this better than Beast 1.0. 

I was able to head to San Antonio and see them last night and this is already my favorite Crossmen show in years. I’ve never been to a Crossmen show this early in the season and didn’t know how much of the production would be on the field. I was blown away. The members are fantastic! I really think it’s going to be a special season.

• Like 2

The video has been removed.  So, I'm glad I saw it last night.  I love everything about this show.  I need to figure out a way to see it live before DCI East.  I can't wait that long.

Drum major uniforms from Twitter:

D9JnRRGXoAcB2FD.jpg

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is still 1 video up on YouTube...which is curious because the others were struck down hours ago.  Anyway, it’s there.

Edited by Dmuniz_crossmen_fan
  • Like 1

Stopping by this thread to leave some hype for this show.

I had originally written them out of finals then saw a recording of their hornline and immediately changed my mind.

Saw the show preview and this is probably my favorite Crossmen show of all time. I actually think the guitar adds a nice tambre and you gotta love the trombone feature.

Go Crossmen!

• Like 2

On 6/16/2019 at 8:37 AM, westcoastblue said:

So, I think this is the first adult version of Crossmen we have seen since they moved to Texas. The framework of the show is solid. Room for lots of growth to make the seems more mature and emotionally connective. Good for you Bones. 

I have to disagree. The 2012 Fragile show was and has been the best produced, arranged, and preformed show since the move to Texas. Also just have to say why no Aussies?  I understand that most corps are doing it currently, but it is my belief its a part of the Crossmen DNA. Sure, in 95, 96 we wore shako and it was different. No Aussies, (to me) on the field make the forms on the field look dirty.  Up close, takes away from some of the intensity. I personally like not being able to look into their eyes as . I guess what I'm trying to say I don't like the kinder softer look. Bring back the Aussie, bring back the mystery, bring back the history. 🥾🥾's

Edited by Danny D
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny D said:

I have to disagree. The 2012 Fragile show was and has been the best produced, arranged, and preformed show since the move to Texas. Also just have to say why no Aussies?  I understand that most corps are doing it currently, but it is my belief its a part of the Crossmen DNA. Sure, in 95, 96 we wore shako and it was different. No Aussies, (to me) on the field make the forms on the field look dirty.  Up close, takes away from some of the intensity. I personally like not being able to look into their eyes as . I guess what I'm trying to say I don't like the kinder softer look. Bring back the Aussie, bring back the mystery, bring back the history. 🥾🥾's

I was once told by an older drill designer that headgear was important to GE.  It made people look taller and it was easier to see the patterns.  But, so many corps go without headgear now without any obvious impact on their GE score, I don't think those old rules apply.  By all the old rules, Blue Stars costumes should have hurt them in GE--outfits that made their middle wider, no hat--and yet, they did just fine relative to the Crossmen.