Crossmen 2019

4 hours ago, Danny D said:

I have to disagree. The 2012 Fragile show was and has been the best produced, arranged, and preformed show since the move to Texas. Also just have to say why no Aussies?  I understand that most corps are doing it currently, but it is my belief its a part of the Crossmen DNA. Sure, in 95, 96 we wore shako and it was different. No Aussies, (to me) on the field make the forms on the field look dirty.  Up close, takes away from some of the intensity. I personally like not being able to look into their eyes as . I guess what I'm trying to say I don't like the kinder softer look. Bring back the Aussie, bring back the mystery, bring back the history. 🥾🥾's

Have to agree. Certainly no mystery in that color guard costume I saw, not the photo above.

Edited by xandandl

Watched the video again from June 16. Haven't changed my mind. Welcome to big boy design Crossmen. They are crazy exciting and the theme is perfectly applied. No strict story line, but plenty of references and variety. If it cleans up and the details are added well, including how and when to move props, this could be their most competitive product in 20 years. 

• Like 1

Was an MMX camper and saw the video posted on the 19th and can already see and hear the improvement in such an amazing show. I predict at least a 7th place finish and hope to see them pack a punch in finals. I feel the designers have a lot more tricks up their sleeve this year. After all, their show is still only 10 minutes long.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Was an MMX camper and saw the video posted on the 19th and can already see and hear the improvement in such an amazing show. I predict at least a 7th place finish and hope to see them pack a punch in finals. I feel the designers have a lot more tricks up their sleeve this year. After all, their show is still only 10 minutes long.

7th? While I would love to agree, they'd have knock off some very talented competition. I'm hoping for at least a single digit finish. I can see them passing Cadets and Phantom, and maybe mandarins, but Blue Stars, Cavies, Blue Knights.. tough to see it happening this year. 

That being said, I totally dig this show and would love for them to blaze through the competition. I would love to see the last few minutes develop. The ending sequence from the trombone feature and out feels lackluster.

49 minutes ago, ComeHomeShane said:

7th? While I would love to agree, they'd have knock off some very talented competition. I'm hoping for at least a single digit finish. I can see them passing Cadets and Phantom, and maybe mandarins, but Blue Stars, Cavies, Blue Knights.. tough to see it happening this year. 

That being said, I totally dig this show and would love for them to blaze through the competition. I would love to see the last few minutes develop. The ending sequence from the trombone feature and out feels lackluster.

In Finals last year, the Crossmen were just 2 tenths behind Phantom, who were in 11th Place.  In yesterday's results, Phantom's spread vs. the leaders was worse than last year.  Crossmen were 1.4 points behind Mandarins and 2.2 behind Blue Knights.  Blue Stars spread got closer to the leaders than their slow start last year.

I am cautiously optimistic that this show (and corps) is better than last year.  We have to wait until Saturday's show to get any evidence of that.  Blue Stars ended up 3.3 ahead of the Crossmen last year and they are off to a better start this year.  I am going to be paying very close to the spread vs. BS on Saturday.

• Like 2

Thanks for that.  It's coming along nicely.

I have to wonder if there will eventually be an ending that pays off what the Valkyrie myth is about.  In the myth, the Valkyries choose which fallen soldiers get to go to Valhalla after their deaths.

Yeah, Lydia was talking about that in one of her interviews. By the way she is a really cool person, and so are the other drum majors. I was a MMX camper so I got to meet a lot of the members.