Crossmen 2019

I don't know what happened in the Madison show, but the Zionsville show results were more like I expected.  The corps is getting cleaner.  They beat Blue Stars in Brass and Cadets in CG.  Percussion (6th Place) was hopefully a blip.

Tomorrow's show is the first head-to-head with Phantom and Spirit of Atlanta, as well as another shot at Blue Stars.  I wish I was there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I don't know what happened in the Madison show, but the Zionsville show results were more like I expected.  The corps is getting cleaner.  They beat Blue Stars in Brass and Cadets in CG.  Percussion (6th Place) was hopefully a blip.

Tomorrow's show is the first head-to-head with Phantom and Spirit of Atlanta, as well as another shot at Blue Stars.  I wish I was there.

A blip for the judges...

I just can’t get over how cool the Viking guitarist is. I hope he goes full GWAR at Indy. 

EDIT: GWAR, as in the metal/theater band. 

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I just can’t get over how cool the Viking guitarist is. I hope he goes full GWAR at Indy. 

EDIT: GWAR, as in the metal/theater band. 

Complete with shooting fluids of indeterminate origin at the audience? I can dig it.

For those who need an introduction to GWAR (warning: "fruity" language, partial nudity?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EVersJ6ts

Edited by ftwdrummer

Three full days off for the Crossmen and they come back on Friday for another FloMarching show.  It will be another face-off of Phantom, Blue Stars, and Spirit.

• Like 1

After seeing both Spirit and Phantom i think that Crossmen's show is more aggressive and  as a result at this time is dirtier than the corps around them. If they can clean it they hopefully will be rewarded with higher scores going forward.  Does anyone know if they will be filling the 2 tuba holes and the 4th tenor spot?

• Like 1

After each show I become more and more confident that this corps can crack the top seven come finals night. They may be sitting around ninth right now but you can't really compare scores across competitions. This is also an extremely aggressive show that has a lot of room for growth and I can't wait to see the difference from now to finals night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCFAN said:

After seeing both Spirit and Phantom i think that Crossmen's show is more aggressive and  as a result at this time is dirtier than the corps around them. If they can clean it they hopefully will be rewarded with higher scores going forward.  Does anyone know if they will be filling the 2 tuba holes and the 4th tenor spot?

I think they definitely can clean it up.  At the Evansville show, there were two captions where they ranked lower in "achievement" than content--Color Guard and Percussion.  They actually beat Blue Stars in Visual Analysis.

I will be curious to see if they made any substantive content changes in this 3-Day break or are just solidifying execution.

• Like 1