Crossmen 2019

dang, Bones got totally hosed in Music Analysis tonight. I'm not too worried because it was a small panel... but how frustrating is that to drop almost an entire point in a caption that they've been doing well in all year right before quarters... Was it guitar related?

15 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

dang, Bones got totally hosed in Music Analysis tonight. I'm not too worried because it was a small panel... but how frustrating is that to drop almost an entire point in a caption that they've been doing well in all year right before quarters... Was it guitar related?

I’m not worried:

It’s just one judge.

The corps had it’s banquet on Sunday.  While that can be an emotional high, the immediate results can be dicey.  

They went on first in a top-heavy show. 

I hope the corps ignores it and moves forward. 

11 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I’m not worried:

It’s just one judge.

The corps had it’s banquet on Sunday.  While that can be an emotional high, the immediate results can be dicey.  

They went on first in a top-heavy show. 

I hope the corps ignores it and moves forward. 

They had maybe their worst run of the year in terms of expectations to what the performance actually was.  I think they will be fine. 

6 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

Solid quarters performance bones! Y’all were the first corps that the audience in my theater clapped enthusiastically for. 

Yet, despite the fact “audience engagement” is a GE factor, they lost GE to Phantom.  I don’t get it. 

• Like 1

GE scoring does not always make sense to me and I believe that the Crossmen have been underscored in that area all season.  However, I was at the show and Phantom generated as much (if not more) crowd response last night - that show has really grown in recent weeks.  With that said, the Crossmen had a very good run, but I sense they have more in them, so things could change.

Perhaps it was the sound in the theater  last night as opposed to watching on Flo, but Crossmen's guitarists just didn't seem to be such a dominating entry into the overall sound of the Crossmen. For the first time all year, I thoroughly enjoyed them. Their guard struck me, too. Placed 11th, but they sure looked better than a lot of higher placed guards to me. 

Guard is being underscored as well, I believe.  They always seem to have equipment in their hands unlike the corps immediately ahead of them in placement.  The guard work has a pretty high level of difficulty as well. Also, they suddenly seem to have lost the edge they had in visual analysis for most of the season, yet I really don’t see that as being representative of their performances on the field.