Crossmen 2019

Congratulations to the members, staff, and administration of the Crossmen! Finals is an incredible achievement, and the consistency has been built over the years to keep the corps in that elite echelon. 

You turned heads this year with a great story, a hornline with an attitude, a drumline that wouldn't quit, colorguard women who were aggressive and talented, and a drum major, Lydia Marshall, who was just as deserving as Claire Wilcox of DM of the year. 

Bones Nation salutes you!

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another season is in the books.

The corps administration, staff, and members should be proud.  They put on a show that the entertained crowds all season.  I think they were underscored in several captions, but that is water under the bridge.  We all know that Finals scores tend to go down for the bottom six regardless of their actual performances being better.  It's a judging thing.

Their Finals score was the highest the corps produced since 2002.

Their Percussion improved greatly during the season.  

The Color Guard was stellar and will be remembered beyond this season.

DM Lydia Marshall set a new standard for Drum Majors as a thematic participant in the show.   She will also be remembered beyond this season and I hope she returns next year.  I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't heavily recruited by some higher ranked corps.

The Design Staff swung for the fences this year.  I can't wait to see what they do next year.  But, stay aggressive.  It suits the corps very well.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Another season is in the books.

The corps administration, staff, and members should be proud.  They put on a show that the entertained crowds all season.  I think they were underscored in several captions, but that is water under the bridge.  We all know that Finals scores tend to go down for the bottom six regardless of their actual performances being better.  It's a judging thing.

Their Finals score was the highest the corps produced since 2002.

Their Percussion improved greatly during the season.  

The Color Guard was stellar and will be remembered beyond this season.

DM Lydia Marshall set a new standard for Drum Majors as a thematic participant in the show.   She will also be remembered beyond this season and I hope she returns next year.  I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't heavily recruited by some higher ranked corps.

The Design Staff swung for the fences this year.  I can't wait to see what they do next year.  But, stay aggressive.  It suits the corps very well.

Rumor has it the Bluecoats might make a push to bring her in for the 2020 season.

2 hours ago, ohbaby said:

Rumor has it the Bluecoats might make a push to bring her in for the 2020 season.

Oh, no,  I was hoping what I said wouldn't come true.

Why can't they go for that Phantom Regiment DM, who DCI decided was better?

• Like 1