Pioneer News From the Top – September 8th

PIONEER/DCI RELATIONSHIP: An interim Board has been formed. We have received, reviewed, and are developing a comprehensive plan to address Drum Corps International’s suspension reinstatement terms. We are seeking individuals who have knowledge, experience, and expertise in the following areas of; administration, education, non profit boards, finance, fund raising, public relations, communications, media, transportation, health […]

View the full article

not to be a debbie about this - but when YEA! had to replace the board they didnt just say 'a new board has been in place' they gave exactly who the new members were... 

Pioneer saying the new board is in place and yet not giving us any idea who it is doesnt seem right 

the other thing about it is who wrote all of that up. who is informing us...

Just find it a little weird ...

Edited by lifeisaround
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

not to be a debbie about this - but when YEA! had to replace the board they didnt just say 'a new board has been in place' they gave exactly who the new members were... 

Pioneer saying the new board is in place and yet not giving us any idea who it is doesnt seem right 

Well, reading this it says "interim board" not a new board is in place.  Sounds fluid and looks like they are looking for help.

I also notice some corrections about the "bus".  I'm sure some here won't step up and say they were wrong.

I don't see what is weird at all about it.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Well, reading this it says "interim board" not a new board is in place.  Sounds fluid and looks like they are looking for help.

I also notice some corrections about the "bus".  I'm sure some here won't step up and say they were wrong.

I don't see what is weird at all about it.

Truth - I just meant the YEA! Board is still interim and they were announced - I guess I was just trying to see full transparency from them right away... 

Again, I apologize to the Lake Erie Regiment Corps on behalf of the Pioneer for the embarrassing and ungrateful gossip posting of one of our members. Mr. Ray Luniewski is one of those people who never hesitates to be of help if either he or his unit can. We stand ready to return any favor if asked of us.” 

Victim blaming.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Pioneer said an interim board is in place, not a new board. They are also beginning to review what DCI has to say about their suspension. Where they are looking for volunteers that have expertise in non-profit boards, I would say this is just the beginning.

I think we also need to stop comparing every negative situation with Cadets/YEA. While  Cadets/YEA handled their situation with great skill, Cadets problems came to light in April with the season about ready to begin. Cadets not only needed to clean house, but convince marching members and their parents that there would be a corps competing in the summer. If they did not have the situation under control as soon as possible, Cadets could have collapsed. They had to move and act fast.

It is only September. Pioneer is suspended and does not have a corps ready top field or parents wanting answers. They have to start without a great deal of resources available. Let's give them time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

Pioneer said an interim board is in place, not a new board. They are also beginning to review what DCI has to say about their suspension. Where they are looking for volunteers that have expertise in non-profit boards, I would say this is just the beginning.

I think we also need to stop comparing every negative situation with Cadets/YEA. While  Cadets/YEA handled their situation with great skill, Cadets problems came to light in April with the season about ready to begin. Cadets not only needed to clean house, but convince marching members and their parents that there would be a corps competing in the summer. If they did not have the situation under control as soon as possible, Cadets could have collapsed. They had to move and act fast.

It is only September. Pioneer is suspended and does not have a corps ready top field or parents wanting answers. They have to start without a great deal of resources available. Let's give them time. 

I guess its all how we see things into perspective - if my child had marched this summer, you best believe I would want answers asap... 

To each its own model of how to pursue excellence .

I'm sorry, but at this point I'm ####### sick and tired of seeing Roman have any part in Pioneer's administration, even if it's been reduced to this role of writing news blurbs. The corps has been suspended, they won't be competing in 2019, and Roman has agreed to resign. The bed has been made, and for the good of the activity he should lie in it sooner rather than later.

Speaking of administration, that part of the website has now been removed except for the words "To be announced."

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 4

Roman and Sue took back the bus.... which one has the CDL. Missed the bus bro-ha-ha but yeah no stickers on PA license plates for last year or so. Still have the inspection stickers on the windshield

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'm sorry, but at this point I'm ####### sick and tired of seeing Roman have any part in Pioneer's administration, even if it's been reduced to this role of writing news blurbs. The corps has been suspended, they won't be competing in 2019, and Roman has agreed to resign. The bed has been made, and for the good of the activity he should lie in it sooner rather than later.

Speaking of administration, that part of the website has now been removed except for the words "To be announced."

This is what im saying.... thank you.... 

• Like 2