Pioneer News From the Top – September 8th

Keep in mind how long Roman has been in charge of the corps - you think all the layers of this drum corps onion can be peeled back in a month?

Also, keep in mind that those who have been asking to help for years are finally being allowed to speak into how things are run and looking to fill spots on the board.

Sorry but family has history in transportation so fixating on the bus. With the history of this mess why did RB and SB have to take the bus back to Erie and not someone else? Then what rental car to Williamsport and back to Milwaukee? And again who has the current CDL. Just smells of RB “has” to do everything.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

I guess its all how we see things into perspective - if my child had marched this summer, you best believe I would want answers asap... 

To each its own model of how to pursue excellence .

Given Pioneer’s problems last year, I’m not sure the concern should be who is on the interim board, it should be the fact they are advertising for volunteers to sit on their final board. That to me is what raises red flags. I don’t recall any drum corps at any point, whether in trouble or not, advertising on their website the key advisory positions Pioneers is searching for at this time. Personally, I’ve never volunteered to be on a board, I’ve been asked, and on boards where I’ve served or chaired, new members are nominated. 

I also wonder if Pioneer parents have unanswered questions. They know better than most of us what happened. They may have issues they are angry about and need to be heard, perhaps an interim board should hear their concerns, as well as those of the marching members, and staff that was qualified without issues, but a final board with decision making authority is who really needs to hear things.

33 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'm sorry, but at this point I'm ####### sick and tired of seeing Roman have any part in Pioneer's administration, even if it's been reduced to this role of writing news blurbs. The corps has been suspended, they won't be competing in 2019, and Roman has agreed to resign. The bed has been made, and for the good of the activity he should lie in it sooner rather than later.

Speaking of administration, that part of the website has now been removed except for the words "To be announced."

Where are you getting information that the former director is still calling the shots? As you mentioned, the website is full of to be announced, he had to resign, and there is no way DCI will lift the suspension if he is part of the corps’ future. 

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Where are you getting information that the former director is still calling the shots? As you mentioned, the website is full of to be announced, he had to resign, and there is no way DCI will lift the suspension if he is part of the corps’ future. 

I really meant that he is just still in some way tethered to the Pioneer image through the likely notion that he continues to write their news blurbs despite his imminent resignation.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

From their statement: 

"We are seeking individuals who have knowledge, experience, and expertise in the following areas of; administration, education, non profit boards, finance, fund raising, public relations, communications, media, transportation, health and wellness plans, first aid, food service, alumni organizations, and of course, drum corps, to assist in the process of developing policies and procedures specific to these areas."

That's a lot of areas

45 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I really meant that he is just still in some way tethered to the Pioneer image through the likely notion that he continues to write their news blurbs despite his imminent resignation.

In the portion of the release that addresses the return of the bus, the writer changes pronouns; from "we" to "I" and back to "we" again.  I have my suspicions who wrote it and, if so, then it might appear that the interim board is possibly not as engaged as they should be.

JMO

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Daave said:

In the portion of the release that addresses the return of the bus, the writer changes pronouns; from "we" to "I" and back to "we" again.  I have my suspicions who wrote it and, if so, then it might appear that the interim board is possibly not as engaged as they should be.

JMO

It sounds almost as dopey as this:   "He was convicted of taking pictures of people, nude or something," Blenski said. "And the end result is we had to ask him to leave. It's not exactly what I wanted to do but society as it is today, I had no choice."😳

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Again, I apologize to the Lake Erie Regiment Corps on behalf of the Pioneer for the embarrassing and ungrateful gossip posting of one of our members. Mr. Ray Luniewski is one of those people who never hesitates to be of help if either he or his unit can. We stand ready to return any favor if asked of us.” 

Victim blaming.  

"Some members made promises to pay the rest of their tour fees after the season! Well it is now about a month later. Please send a check now, even if it’s only a part. It shows that you are responsible to your commitment."

Probably not the time nor the place to be brow-beating members who just finished the kind of summer that it appears that they had, IMO.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Given Pioneer’s problems last year, I’m not sure the concern should be who is on the interim board, it should be the fact they are advertising for volunteers to sit on their final board. That to me is what raises red flags. I don’t recall any drum corps at any point, whether in trouble or not, advertising on their website the key advisory positions Pioneers is searching for at this time. Personally, I’ve never volunteered to be on a board, I’ve been asked, and on boards where I’ve served or chaired, new members are nominated. 

I also wonder if Pioneer parents have unanswered questions. They know better than most of us what happened. They may have issues they are angry about and need to be heard, perhaps an interim board should hear their concerns, as well as those of the marching members, and staff that was qualified without issues, but a final board with decision making authority is who really needs to hear things.

Hop used to advertise for board members in Drum Corps World. 

lotsa questions. I want to give them time to see what they roll out, and in much better fashion than that press release

• Like 1