Pioneer News From the Top – September 8th

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Again, I apologize to the Lake Erie Regiment Corps on behalf of the Pioneer for the embarrassing and ungrateful gossip posting of one of our members. Mr. Ray Luniewski is one of those people who never hesitates to be of help if either he or his unit can. We stand ready to return any favor if asked of us.” 

Victim blaming.  

Even the victim is conceding that detail on Reddit now.

10 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sorry but family has history in transportation so fixating on the bus. With the history of this mess why did RB and SB have to take the bus back to Erie and not someone else? Then what rental car to Williamsport and back to Milwaukee? And again who has the current CDL. Just smells of RB “has” to do everything.

That is a well established issue with Pioneer that will have to be resolved before DCI even entertains including them in their tour again.  Still, better that Lake Erie Regiment has their bus back without having to send someone to Wisconsin to fetch it, right?

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hop used to advertise for board members in Drum Corps World. 

lotsa questions. I want to give them time to see what they roll out, and in much better fashion than that press release

Agreed.  Since they are sitting out 2019 DCI anyway, it would make sense to get a BOD in place first, so that they can decide who to hire as corps director.

Of course, the search for a director can begin now.  The longer we wait for announcement of an executive director search, the more we have to wonder...

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:
7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hop used to advertise for board members in Drum Corps World. 

lotsa questions. I want to give them time to see what they roll out, and in much better fashion than that press release

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Agreed.  Since they are sitting out 2019 DCI anyway, it would make sense to get a BOD in place first, so that they can decide who to hire as corps director.

Of course, the search for a director can begin now.  The longer we wait for announcement of an executive director search, the more we have to wonder...

T  H  A  N  K 

Y  O  U 

That is all I was trying to say... 

49 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That is a well established issue with Pioneer that will have to be resolved before DCI even entertains including them in their tour again.  Still, better that Lake Erie Regiment has their bus back without having to send someone to Wisconsin to fetch it, right?

Still wondering who has the CDL...

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Still wondering who has the CDL...

Roman has a CDL.  He has driven one of the buses every day on tour for years.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

said this before, I'll say it again. for Cadets, they have a huge passionate alumni base. Pioneer...how many kids stayed for more than a year, 2 tops? Then after they got out, how many gave back or stay involved? that to me is the biggest issue

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

The tone deafness of that article is ... surprising.

Mike

I’m not sure that it is surprising.

• Like 2