Pioneer News From the Top – September 8th

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Considering that this was supposed to be over and done... yes, really.

Mike

It’s not over and done until RB totally lets go. Don’t see it yet if he is the one posting the info.

• Like 1

Ok what is the deal with the LER bus? Not a reddit member and goggle not taking me there. I get Pioneer borrowed a bus because one of theirs crapped out but nothing blaming LER.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

18 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

"Some members made promises to pay the rest of their tour fees after the season! Well it is now about a month later. Please send a check now, even if it’s only a part. It shows that you are responsible to your commitment."

Probably not the time nor the place to be brow-beating members who just finished the kind of summer that it appears that they had, IMO.

Maybe they feel they should have a discount given the conditions and circumstances.  

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

It’s not over and done until RB totally lets go. Don’t see it yet if he is the one posting the info.

So if he is out, whomever is there piecing things back together can ignore him as everyone wanting Pioneer to move forward should.  If he is not included in anything as Pioneer is rebuilt, then he is truly out. He can be involved if no one allows him any contact at all.  

24 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Maybe they feel they should have a discount given the conditions and circumstances.  

The mere fact that there are people owing after the season( putting issues with management aside ) Is very much a reason corps, bands winter programs go down. ASk those who are no longer around. The double edge sword is because of their take everyone policy, which isn't bad ,  but it also comes with those who can't afford, maybe don't get how hard it is to do what we do, etc etc., Can't get down the road on a hope and a dream.

It's a circle of wanting to fill your corps, give everyone a chance but every time comes back to bite you. These noble but unwise views are and have been people who really have a big heart trying to help and believing all who tell them I will pay ( and don't ) they always believe it will come in. Often they put their own money in to get down the road and before you know it TROUBLE surviving. 

Fault? still management, even with good intentions

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, FTNK said:

From their statement: 

"We are seeking individuals who have knowledge, experience, and expertise in the following areas of; administration, education, non profit boards, finance, fund raising, public relations, communications, media, transportation, health and wellness plans, first aid, food service, alumni organizations, and of course, drum corps, to assist in the process of developing policies and procedures specific to these areas."

That's a lot of areas

Likely because all of those areas came under serious DCI scrutiny and have demanded to be put straight by DCI.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

"Some members made promises to pay the rest of their tour fees after the season! Well it is now about a month later. Please send a check now, even if it’s only a part. It shows that you are responsible to your commitment."

Aaaaarrrgh.... This is that road that several corps that have went under have went on that's paved with good intentions.

I have a guess that there could be breaches of contract in Pio's end that if pressed legally, the people who haven't paid up would win. I could be way wrong. But... in any contract both sides agree to provide and do certain things, normally. Normally being the operative word here. They appear to be in some drum corps equivalent of Wackyland where the normal laws of common sense just never apply.

latest?cb=20130622224743

11 minutes ago, BigW said:

Aaaaarrrgh.... This is that road that several corps that have went under have went on that's paved with good intentions.

I have a guess that there could be breaches of contract in Pio's end that if pressed legally, the people who haven't paid up would win. I could be way wrong. But... in any contract both sides agree to provide and do certain things, normally. Normally being the operative word here. They appear to be in some drum corps equivalent of Wackyland where the normal laws of common sense just never apply.

latest?cb=20130622224743

AMEN!  and what's worse, after a corps or any group, fall or winter goes under or struggles, 1 of 2 things always happens the member who owes suddenly goes to a bigger group, makes it through and suddenly shows up with money in hand  A MIRACLE. or the new place for whatever the reason  takes them owing money elsewhere.. BAD POLICY and at least 3 of the top 7 have done, some constantly.

There are some who offer help to those in need and that's a great thing BUT just as some poor members can be conned by some places who offer and don't deliver there have also been cons on the other end.

It might be drifting to the PIO issues BUT I do think many of these things become symptoms of another...of course not abuse, that's a total different thing.

Edited by GUARDLING

49 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

He can be involved if no one allows him any contact at all.  

Huh? Can be involved if he has no contact. How can he be involved if not in contact with anyone or anything.

bottom line is no one knows what is going on with Pioneers “turnover”. Right now nameles interim directors are putting notices out for possible permanent staffers. But no one knows who is doing what at the present.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Huh? Can be involved if he has no contact. How can he be involved if not in contact with anyone or anything.

bottom line is no one knows what is going on with Pioneers “turnover”. Right now nameles interim directors are putting notices out for possible permanent staffers. But no one knows who is doing what at the present.

This strikes me as rather different than YEA in that it seemed DCI had a short list of incredibly able and great people ready to dive in immediately in that circumstance. Could be DCI is having trouble finding people willing...or on the other side, they're not as willing to accept who DCI wants in... or maybe those DCI would like to help want certain guarantees? It just strikes me as odd.