Pioneer News From the Top – September 8th

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Almost all corps use a common data system for financial standings of mms. All DCI directors have access to the corps payment status and history. It's but a mouse click away. They don't want to inherit dead beats into their own organization although one or two are notorious for putting talent over responsibility.

Man, oh man... and not to sound off from a high tower or something... is that the lesson the activity should be teaching to put talent over responsibility? Sounds too much like College Football for me to be comfortable with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Almost all corps use a common data system for financial standings of mms. All DCI directors have access to the corps payment status and history. It's but a mouse click away. They don't want to inherit dead beats into their own organization although one or two are notorious for putting talent over responsibility.

but they do,, for talent...you are right there are 1 or 2 in those upper spots that are notorious for it. I know I had the misfortune of dealing with this subject. I also think it should crossover from ALL aspects of the activity. To many have caved to this situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

That deserves its own thread, if you can get it past the DCP censors.

I agree, it came up a few times as corps folded time to time. I just think even with the PIO issue. something like this does cross over to other issues, especially on the road. BUT YES it could have it's own thread. I only brought it up here because THEY were still begging for money they should have had I guess

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I agree, it came up a few times as corps folded time to time. I just think even with the PIO issue. something like this does cross over to other issues, especially on the road. BUT YES it could have it's own thread. I only brought it up here because THEY were still begging for money they should have had I guess

If DCI goes through with the accredidation plan supported by a number of DCP posters, under the subcaption of Financial Stability the payment of staff (past and present) would have to be reviewed by the accreditators about creditors and other bills outstanding, staff and faculty included. 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

The question would be, how much money does this add up to? What percentage of a corps income adds up to the tuition/fees/dues/whatever you wish to call it? Is there a typical percentage that's safe to quote? Kind of like how roughly 65-70 percent of a school districts budget goes to paying the teachers?

If DCI goes through with the accredidation plan supported by a number of DCP posters, under the subcaption of Financial Stability the payment of staff (past and present) would have to be reviewed by the accreditators about creditors and other bills outstanding, staff and faculty included. 

Yeah maybe Although when I see these types of things ( WGI did it a lot with so-called education ) it was more of a money maker in the name of " education"  but I get ya

3 minutes ago, BigW said:

The question would be, how much money does this add up to? What percentage of a corps income adds up to the tuition/fees/dues/whatever you wish to call it? Is there a typical percentage that's safe to quote? Kind of like how roughly 65-70 percent of a school districts budget goes to paying the teachers?

the tuition doesn't come close to being able to get a corps through a proper tour BUT a corps that walks that fine line as it is and counts on something NOT in hand is a recipe for disaster and it has been for many

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Huh? Can be involved if he has no contact. How can he be involved if not in contact with anyone or anything.

bottom line is no one knows what is going on with Pioneers “turnover”. Right now nameles interim directors are putting notices out for possible permanent staffers. But no one knows who is doing what at the present.

Oops. Meant he can't be involved.  Should have reviewed more thoroughly.  

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Oops. Meant he can't be involved.  Should have reviewed more thoroughly.  

Not a problem that makes sense now. Autocorrect on my cell phone has been biting me in the butt all weekend so know the feeling. “Rains anymore I’ll need a tow boat”..... “I mean ROW boat” was one of them