Pioneer News From the Top – September 8th

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Interesting perspective.

For me personally, his error would call into question his other contentions.  His original contentions were, supposedly, well conceived and sourced and, yet, they were wrong.

I would be more convinced of his other statements had this one proven correct as it seems to be one of the easier ones to verify prior to making the claim. 

Yours is an understandable and reasonable response.

However, better that he admits and corrects his own errors than that he doubles down on such mistakes when they are brought to his attention.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2018 at 8:28 PM, BigW said:

The question would be, how much money does this add up to? What percentage of a corps income adds up to the tuition/fees/dues/whatever you wish to call it? Is there a typical percentage that's safe to quote? Kind of like how roughly 65-70 percent of a school districts budget goes to paying the teachers?

It would be interesting to see for every Corps what percent of (a member dues) and (b) overall income goes to food, transport, instruction, instruments, props, costuniforms, insurance, legal defense fund, etc

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It would be interesting to see for every Corps what percent of (a member dues) and (b) overall income goes to food, transport, instruction, instruments, props, costuniforms, insurance, legal defense fund, etc

Yes! I'd imagine some corps has published a pie graph somewhere, someone should if they haven't. :satisfied:

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Marginally related:  Pioneer Indoor from Romeoville, Illinois is no more.  The new indoor group is Pi Percussion. 

282mb6a.jpg

wise move

• Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 8:34 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Even if DCI did a generic factoid of a "Typical Corps" I think it would really help people understand the dynamics and have a better appreciation of the situation. Not even numbers, just proportions.