Spirit of Atlanta 2019

• 3 weeks later...

They did a live feed of a concert they did tonight, it's a little hard to hear because drumline in an auditorium but I'm pretty sure I hear an incredibly exciting and fun music program.  Especially the ballad.  That is a BOP and a half.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I watched the live stream and then a couple of times after.  Sound quality was not that great due to playing inside.  Lots of echoes.  There were some pretty good musical moments.  Eager to see how it all comes together with design, drill, visual, CG and (sorry) UGH, costume.

My goodness that's a sizzling music book this year. This is shaping up to be quite a fight for the last Finalist spot or two.

That Krump opener & Color Wheel closer are particularly delicious. The ballad is funky & bizarrely beautiful. Krump is a piece I'm familiar with but have never heard on the field. Hearing Spirit play it, it honestly sounds like it was made for them! I already love it. 

They had the top 12 hornline last year, but GE numbers kept them in that 13th spot. The music book alone is a terrific step up, and I can't wait to see what they pair visually with it!! Ah, Spirit, I wish we didn't have to wait another week+ to find out!! 

For anyone in the area Spirt will be doing their preview show Saturday June 22 at Carrollton High School 201 Trojan Rd. Carrollton, GA $10 admission at gate.  Gates open at 6pm. National Anthem 7:30 pm. Southern Knights 7:40 pm Spirit of Atlanta 8pm

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 9:16 AM, mjyaub said:

I watched the live stream and then a couple of times after.  Sound quality was not that great due to playing inside.  Lots of echoes.  There were some pretty good musical moments.  Eager to see how it all comes together with design, drill, visual, CG and (sorry) UGH, costume.

WAR EAGLE