Spirit of Atlanta 2019

Bump.

Today marks 39 years since Jim Ott's tragic passing.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen a few clips here and there but not the whole show. Hearing great things though.  Think they have more to add to it to potentially pass Phantom and make the Saturday show?  

4 hours ago, chadwick said:

I’ve seen a few clips here and there but not the whole show. Hearing great things though.  Think they have more to add to it to potentially pass Phantom and make the Saturday show?  

It's got a lot of potential but so does Phantom's show, and they each have some moments that just don't work quite as well as the rest of the show and (in my opinion) are holding them back. I think a little bit of Spirit's music gets choppy and repetitive at times, if they improved the musical flow of the show it would go a long way. I love the change from black uniforms to neon uniforms but I'll admit that I don't entirely get the change to white in between; the skirts allow for some really cool visual effects but I think the sudden shift to white for just a brief section of the show disrupts what is otherwise a really effective and cohesive overall aesthetic for a well-designed show. I love the guard work and the hornline sounds amazing too.

I love Phantom's show too though (and can't wait to see it with the new ending I've heard about!)... part of me hopes that instead of having to decide which of them makes it to Saturday, we can see them both finish strong enough to push past Crossmen.

Edited by kalad's_phantoms_regiment

• 3 weeks later...

Spirit finals prediction? Will they make finals? Who will they beat? 

My heart wants them to make finals, but not at the expense of Phantom. Will be an interesting few days 🙂

I know the head-to-head tells a different story, but it is interesting how SoA's push this past week put them in the middle of PR and Bones based on last score. I think SoA stands a shot if they have a clean show and perhaps have a reveal of some sort that pulls the crowd in even more. I think PR may have 11th wrapped up, but I do think 12th is in play.

• Like 2

Go Spirit!

• Like 1