Best Reprise Closer?

Malaguena or Malaga - Scouts....multiple years :innocent::peek::innocent:

Edited by Sideways
  • Like 1

One not mentioned yet is Crown 2013 - I was lukewarm when they first added the Also Sprach reprise, but it really grew on me and I loved it by the end of the season.

Phantom '03 is the epitome of the reprise closer, though.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

Gotta agree with 03 Regiment....made even more awesome by the driving drum parts that weren't there in the opener.

I'll also throw out Regiment 01.  it wasn't a true reprise, but the 2 bars immediately before the last drill move were recognizable from the end of the opener, and a nice callback.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

I'll also throw out Regiment 01.  it wasn't a true reprise, but the 2 bars immediately before the last drill move were recognizable from the end of the opener, and a nice callback.

I was hoping someone would say this! The raising of the bottom note by a half step as compared to the end of the opener is what does it for me. Not sure when in the season they added that ending, but it makes the show for me.

Glassmen 1998 is another one that sticks out to me.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I was hoping someone would say this! The raising of the bottom note by a half step as compared to the end of the opener is what does it for me. Not sure when in the season they added that ending, but it makes the show for me.

It's amazing how a seemingly minor change affect the entire sense of resolution.  83 Cadets was the same way.   The voicing in the reprise was slightly different -- the sops sustaining a high nite under the mello run was a little more audible, for example, but it gave a wonderful sense of resolution to the program.

Star 1985 did a reprise of "When You Wish Upon a Star" . . .  good, but PR 2003 is really in a class by itself.